September Flights

JetSmart may also leave if they are forced to fly out of Ezeiza, leaving Aeroparque only For Aerolineas without competition!!

Shows the true colors of the government for todxs wants to keep flying and travel as a privilege for the rich and a service provided by the efficient Argentine super-state. The same superstate that for decades imposed minimum fares. At least in this case it is mostly the demographic of people who voted for them who will end up paying the highest price in this battle... yet probably it will all be blamed on mysterious deals from the Macri-days or some ridiculous fairytale they they lap up as entertainment.

STS,

No I don't believe that. I only makes sense that the local airline would have the market, or what's left of it, while larger, stronger players stepped back to take a time out and evaluate. There is no way, Aerolíneas could begin to serve all the demand that is out there when Covid 19 isn't around. There is plenty of business out there for everyone.
your point makes perfect sense, but i don't think that's how the peronists view their proud flagship

La Nacion reports that American Airlines will resume daily flights to USA on October 7. The article mentions "special flights."

Anyone know if non-residents will be able to enter Argentina on these flights?

Seems strange to start daily service to/from the USA if only residents/citizens can enter Argentina.

How much demand for USA travel can there be among Argentines at 140 peso to dollar and double dollar tax?

Anyone know if non-residents will be able to enter Argentina on these flights?

In October? No. Sorry.
Technically, at least till 12 OCT, non-residents are not allowed. Most likely this will be extended thru Nov 1.
Will they allow non-residents starting November? Maybe, with a PCR and/or some sort of quarantine AND following the specific rules of the province they want to visit. My guess is BA will open up first for foreigners. Rest of the provinces will take some time.

Seems strange to start daily service to/from the USA if only residents/citizens can enter Argentina.

How much demand for USA travel can there be among Argentines at 140 peso to dollar and double dollar tax?

Plenty. AA are also making $ on the cargo, fewer passengers means more space for cargo. I am sure they have done their due dalliance and know how much "demand" there is and if those flights would be profitable or not.

United has also expressed interest in flying 2 "special" flights to Houston in October.

Delta are out till December.

In October? No. Sorry.
Technically, at least till 12 OCT, non-residents are not allowed. Most likely this will be extended thru Nov 1.
Will they allow non-residents starting November? Maybe, with a PCR and/or some sort of quarantine AND following the specific rules of the province they want to visit. My guess is BA will open up first for foreigners. Rest of the provinces will take some time.
CABA (The city of Buenos Aires) is already looking to set up a special visa for digital nomads and students to bring back foreigners and their money as well as preparing the city to receive tourists. It seems it will have fairly low requisites and somehow “normalize” the tax residency status of visa holders, presumably as non-residents.

Since this overlaps heavily into Federal government territory (President, Migraciones, Transporte, AFIP etc.) I would not recommend anyone bank on it until it is published into law since the Federal government is about 180 degrees removed from the City government in terms of ideas and policies.

Would be great news if it comes true and good knowing at least someone is looking out for extranjeros.

CABA (The city of Buenos Aires) is already looking to set up a special visa for digital nomads and students to bring back foreigners and their money as well as preparing the city to receive tourists. It seems it will have fairly low requisites and somehow “normalize” the tax residency status of visa holders, presumably as non-residents.

Since this overlaps heavily into Federal government territory (President, Migraciones, Transporte, AFIP etc.) I would not recommend anyone bank on it until it is published into law since the Federal government is about 180 degrees removed from the City government in terms of ideas and policies.

Would be great news if it comes true and good knowing at least someone is looking out for extranjeros.

Interesting, but how exactly would that work in the context of national immigration law? Last time I checked, there was no sub-category "nomada digital" in the immigration law. Wound't the CABA initiative require the change of national immigration laws?

Interesting, but how exactly would that work in the context of national immigration law? Last time I checked, there was no sub-category "nomada digital" in the immigration law. Wound't the CABA initiative require the change of national immigration laws?
A lot of countries are doing it now. Georgia, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Malaysia etc.
Essentially it is an extended tourist visa that allows you to work remotely for a non-local company for a limited period of time without needing to worry about local tax or overstaying your visa. Remember it is illegal to work in almost all countries with a tourist visa, and that includes "working remotely" - since that country could technically argue that you are generating income from that country and thus should be subject to its tax / employment laws. It is simply a case of modern life outpacing laws from an old world with a marketing spin to attract high spenders from abroad.

Most countries require some evidence of employment and funds to self-support during the stay but I understand that this proposal would not..

Back