September Flights

They have been auto extending the expiration dates 30 days at a time. I've been on precaria since Dec 2019. Every 30 days or so I get an email from my handlers with new sets of gov regulations proving the extension in case I get any crap from anyone.

Yes but these auto extensions are valid only while there is a quarantine. I am talking of the way they should handle the situation once Migraciones is back working eventually. You cannot just let all residency expire on a set date 30 days from a X date. It's incredibly stupid and they will not be able to handle the backlog for years.Yet it's Argentina so I expect anything.

Yes but these auto extensions are valid only while there is a quarantine. I am talking of the way they should handle the situation once Migraciones is back working eventually. You cannot just let all residency expire on a set date 30 days from a X date. It's incredibly stupid and they will not be able to handle the backlog for years.Yet it's Argentina so I expect anything.

Funny thing is they are working. You can visit them by appointment. They have limited capacity and they're recovering from getting all their shit hacked but they are functional.

Like most things in Argentina, it's just easier to let someone else worry about it later. Maybe one day they'll get running again in any sort of capacity

Is there anything confirmed regarding October flights?
Plan still awaiting ratification by the President. I understand that this evening or over the weekend there will be his regular address to the nation where he may mention it if approved (Like last time the message will only be a pre-recorded message, as things are too uncomfortable to face the media and their questions right now....)

Plan still awaiting ratification by the President. I understand that this evening or over the weekend there will be his regular address to the nation where he may mention it if approved (Like last time the message will only be a pre-recorded message, as things are too uncomfortable to face the media and their questions right now....)

Also, the new dollar policy has caused some airlines to temporarily take down their search feature.

Can only imagine the sinking feeling in the stomach of thousands of Argentines who purchased cheap flights for their summer holidays to Brazil/ US or elsewhere realising that their vacation just got much more expensive. At least the only requirement to enter Brazil for tourism now is a valid health insurance policy... yay.

Every time something like this happens, demand for travel abroad drops significantly until people can work out ways around it or get comfortable with knowing how much it will actually cost them to travel, and even then it is usually much weaker when it does return while said policies remain in force (combine that with COVID fear and hardship... and the fact that few destinations are open to Argentines...) If you consider that pax. volumes in Brazil are still only around 10% of what they were in JAN, despite having freedom to travel for tourism and having open skies - just imagine what it will look like here if/ when flight activity normalises.

It is another terrible blow for the industry here in the meantime. In my opinion, the best thing most foreign airlines operating to Argentina can do is to simply not operate to Argentina any time soon. Watch and wait it out.
Weak demand + cost uncertainties + labour headaches + currency headaches = big losses.

So there was no address this weekend? can't find anything about it
no, and there won't be anymore. All future extensions will be with a simple decree and at best some social media announcement.

no, and there won't be anymore. All future extensions will be with a simple decree and at best some social media announcement.
why there won't be anymore? i'm not following the politics very closely. Just looking for a possible confirmation if we're gonna be able to take a local flight to move out of BsAs.

Back