September Flights

Colombia is opening for everybody with a negative PCR test and obligatory registration with a tracking app while in the country. They have many logistical challenges than Argentinian with people transitting in and out of the country through major sea ports, land borders (especially via Venezuela), and three major international airports, yet they have managed it well so far. If Argentina can't roll out a similar plan, then it's because there's no will to do so, and the govt seems to want to look like its opening to tourists without really doing it.

Last edited:
There is no will to do it they will all be too preoccupied with managing the Argentine ‘temporada’

Colombia is opening for everybody with a negative PCR test and obligatory registration with a tracking app while in the country. They have many logistical challenges than Argentinian with people transitting in and out of the country through major sea ports, land borders (especially via Venezuela), and three major international airports, yet they have managed it well so far. If Argentina can't roll out a similar plan, then it's because there's no will to do so, and the govt seems to want to look like its opening to tourists without really doing it.
Oh, there are all sorts of fun (and profitable) requirements Argentina could impose on wealthy USA/European citizens who want to visit.

No one over the age of 70 admitted. And no fatties!

Of course, PCR, proof of insurance required. Better, force them to buy local health insurance.

Most importantly, require a USD/Euro 500 deposit be left with the government on arrival. It's returned as ARS when the visitor departs, to encourage many happy returns. Cambodia's is $2000, I think.

Oh, there are all sorts of fun (and profitable) requirements Argentina could impose on wealthy USA/European citizens who want to visit.

No one over the age of 70 admitted. And no fatties!

Of course, PCR, proof of insurance required. Better, force them to buy local health insurance.

Most importantly, require a USD/Euro 500 deposit be left with the government on arrival. It's returned as ARS when the visitor departs, to encourage many happy returns. Cambodia's is $2000, I think.

Most people aren't dumb! They simply won't do that.

A policy like that would scare away everyone who didn't NEED to come here.

But, what the heck, prove me wrong Alberto!

Enough are. And more every day!
Greg,

Nice piece you shared.

Consider this:

People lack the intelligence for deep thought and problem solving. I agree.

But when it comes to the average Jane / Joe, They can put 2 +2 together and arrive at 4. Point being, just about everything can figure out the simple things in life. It's the complex things that trip them up.

An idiot knows enough not to touch a hot stove's burner most of the time. They can also count their change from a small transaction. Their problems start when they are out of their functional zone. ie win the lottery - can't manage significant sums of money to save themselves. etc ...

You can only use a DNI extranjero when entering and leaving Argentina (in Brazil you must use your passport) and it has nothing to do with how long you can stay in other countries.

Brazil requires actual Arg DNI (not extranjero) or passport.
Chile lets you in just on basis of DNI extranjero.
Back in the day when Chile charged reciprocity fee, this was a nice way of getting around it.

Brazil requires actual Arg DNI (not extranjero) or passport.
Chile lets you in just on basis of DNI extranjero.
Back in the day when Chile charged reciprocity fee, this was a nice way of getting around it.
Ben,

Can you help me understand current rules for entering Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador with Argentina DNI or Argentina passport??

Asking for a friend.

Ben,

Can you help me understand current rules for entering Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Peru, Ecuador with Argentina DNI or Argentina passport??

Asking for a friend.

Whoa.
I’m not following THAT much, here’s what I know (confirm before using ANY of this info):
  • Brazil: nothing. Free passage. DNI should work same as always.
  • Chile: if you have a close relative there (parent, child, spouse) is OK. Otherwise tough shit.
  • Uruguay: if you’re not a resident, eat shit.
  • Peru: AFAIK you can enter but must upload a PCR or antigen test on their website/app. Must be issued less than 72h before travel.
  • Ecuador: AFAIK you can enter but are subject to quarantine unless have a test from the last 10 days.
Hope this helps.

Back