Servicio domestico rates

like the minimal wage in the US.
170/h in real terms PPP might even be higher than minimal wage in Alabama.
Again 170/h is in a small pueblo interior where prices are much lower.
PS>For the record I pay 6-700/h myself
I don't care how much cheaper things are in a small town. With inflation at 40,% , 170 an hour is despicable. And minimum wage in Alabama is not a living wage.

Here are rates posted on financiero ámbito website -
Personally have no experience with this

Sueldos de empleadas domésticas: cómo quedó la escala
Sueldos de empleadas domesticas

gremio del personal doméstico acordó un incremento salarial de 28%, que se pagará en tres cuotas de forma no acumulativa.

Criminal in the moral sense. For an expat with US dollars, 170 pesos is $1.20 blue.
It's very low of course, but having dollars does not automatically make someone wealthy here. The OP may only get $400 a month. Very unlikely I know and you're probably right they're using the low market prices where they live to their benefit, but who knows. On the side of the hired help, let's say $1.20 an hour, four hours, a day, five days a week. That would be $24 a week or around $100 a month. That's not enough for someone to live, even in the interior.

...That would be $24 a week or around $100 a month. That's not enough for someone to live, even in the interior...

The official minimum wage is 21,600 pesos now, which is around 150 dollars blue rate.
A partir del 1° de marzo de 2021, el Salario Mínimo Vital y Móvil 2021 iba a ser llevado a 21.600 pesos para los mensualizados y en 108 pesos por hora para los jornalizados.

i raised it to about 800/hr. i like her and she does a very good job (and has for a long time). she looked at me crazy though when i tried to pay her that much.

Yesterday, I was talking to a 45 yr old Argentine waitress in Cafeteria in Palermo.

she told me she works 9’hours a day, 6 days a week and earns 16 k pesos a month including propina

A good rule of thumb is add 20% to whatever the housekeeper requests, and top it with a monthly bonus if desired.

Criminal in the moral sense. For an expat with US dollars, 170 pesos is $1.20 blue.
The blue rate has nothing to do with local salaries. I agree that $170 sounds low, but local conditions vary greatly. The rates paid in San Isidro are quite different from the rates paid in Moreno.

Back