Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

French jurist said:
Let's hope it's not "the tree hiding the forest" like we say in french, meaning more measures are to be taken (permatourists or other)

I fear that possibility is lurking just behind the tree to which you are referring.

steveinbsas said:
Do you know if the new requirement applies to those who already have the visa rentista and plan to renew in the future or will they be "protected" by a "grandfather" clause?

Also, can you please clarify if these are changes in the actual migracion laws or "arbitrary" changes in policy.

I don't know much. My contact at Migraciones called me about 2 weeks ago and said that as from that date all rentistas required a US$ 2000 monthly income per person and that pensionados didn't have a minimum. He was unable to inform me the regulation number.

I just asked my immigration attorney (Gabriel Celano) about this and he also confirmed that it is true. The required amount will be U$S 2000/month per person. He said that this is not currently in place, but is coming very soon.

Luckily, I'll soon have an Argentine daughter, so I'll be able to switch from rentista to permanent residency when she is born. *That is if they do not change those laws before September. :)

Sleuth said:
I just asked my immigration attorney (Gabriel Celano) about this and he confirmed that it is true as well. The required amount will be U$S 2000/month per person. He said that this is not currently in place, but is coming very soon.

Did/could you ask if migraciones will require those seeking a visa rentista renewal shortly after the change goes into effect to provide "evidence" that they will be able to meet the new income levels in the future?

Perspiring minds want to know.

Attorney in BA said:
...all rentistas required a US$ 2000 monthly income per person and that pensionados didn't have a minimum. ..

can you help me understand the difference between a rentista and a pensionado?

Buy our property and qualify for an investment visa.

Not only will you own a killer piece of real estate that produces a steady monthly income, but take care of the rentista kilombo as well.

chico said:

From what i have been told, pensionado is for retired people - who get a pension.

Rentista is for young/er people, with an income from outside arg that is equal to ARG$2500 per month.

chico said:

A Pensionado is someone living thanks to a pension (retired, ..), a rentista is someone who rather lives from investments (property rentals, business, whatever...)

steveinbsas said:
Did/could you ask if migraciones will require those seeking a visa rentista renewal shortly after the change goes into effect to provide "evidence" that they will be able to meet the new income levels in the future?

Perspiring minds want to know.

Here is what he responded:

From me:
Do you know if this applies to new rentista visas or renewals too? If renewals, are they going to require proof of these deposits too?

Gabriel:
It will apply to renewals, but in a year from now. Of course, nobody has been depositing U$S 2000 because it's new. Over the past 12 months clients have been depositing U$S 800 approximately.

chico said:
I think?
Rentista Visa: Receiving a monthly income from an investment.
Pensionado Visa: Retired, receive income from retirement plan: Social Security, defined benefit plan?

I hear the Tax Man knocking on the door.

Back