Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

There have been a number of threads on this forum or other places of the experiences of people who tried to get or got a investor visa. Most people claimed it was very expensive, hard to do, and wish they had got a rentista instead. Apparently the bureaucracy associated with the investor visa is pretty high.

If i'm not mistaken uruguay asks for 500usd and chile for 1000usd pm. what is the reason for this increase?

katti said:
an investment visa, does that also count for something that you bought here in the past?

As I understand it, your property needs to help stimulate the local economy.

We first had a Finca outside San Rafael. Then we sold it and bought the aforementioned property, and used it to renew our visa. Both properties provided several jobs to the local community.

qwerty said:
How long has it been on the market?

We first launched the website about 2.5 months ago.

If anyone would like to visit and stay at the Guest House and test drive the property, it's on us, just let me know so I can block the dates.

The place is beautiful. Congratulations. I'm envious. It must be amazing living over there.

qwerty said:
You also need an Argentine socio and offer someone employment. Maybe you can package your property as a business and appoint an Argentine as a director.

Either way this seems pretty risky as it even can be pulled off.

This changes offcourse if your (spouse is) Argentine but let's keep that out of the picture in this thread

You don't need an Argetine socio, only to show you are benefiting the local economy, which we proudly have for the past 5 years.

AlexfromLA said:
The place is beautiful. Congratulations. I'm envious. It must be amazing living over there.

Thank you. We are very grateful for the 3 years we got to live there. The views never got old.

p.jpg

b.JPG

One day, i'll settle down in a place like this. I'll have a fire place that i'll chop wood for every day and i wont own a telephone or an internet connection. I'll have a faithful dog and a pipe too ;)

one day.

AlexfromLA said:
p.jpg

b.JPG

One day, i'll settle down in a place like this. I'll have a fire place that i'll chop wood for every day and i wont own a telephone or an internet connection. I'll have a faithful dog and a pipe too ;)

one day.

Sounds like us, except we had 3 dogs and a cat. Thanks for the shout out!

Back