Shortage of US Imported Food Products

donquixote, why do you not take pride in being an American? You are your own kind of American. I hate imperialism and arrogance too but just that - I make a very clear distinction between those 2 and the USA. If you are not proud to be an American are you willing to give up your American citizenship for that reason?

Donquixote,
We're discussing the shortage of US products and you come up with American imperialism. What's wrong with you? Have you not read the title of this thread? Looks like it's you who doesn't read after all... And no I don't see any connection. If you ask me, I don't think any reasonable person would. Anyway, what I see here is people like you and Elpanada will take every opportunity to turn a thread into an American-bashing session. You say I'm arrogant, yet you try to lecture me with self-righteousness. How arrogant is that, huh? Maybe you should take all your bigotry somewhere else. I have a suggestion for you... Why don't you join some anti-american organization?
I could also rant for hours about my fellow Argentines. Do you want me to talk about Argentine arrogance, incompetence and corruption? I'd rather not.

I do not make attempts to turn threads into American bashing sessions it's just that I've seen that disgusting nasty peanut butter shit mentioned here far too often and if anyone else has any questions regarding it they should not start new threads about it but use the Search feature. But yes I posted a link to that photo which is a drawing that I actually think is quite good it mentions all them nasty chemicals floating around MSG, Aspartame and fluoride. It should make people think a little to see the drawing but it shouldn't make them start screaming anti-American from the top of their lungs.Then these fools reply with all sorts of nonsense like for example "Is everything in Argentina calorie free?", calories and highly disputed chemicals have little in common. It is obvious that those three were raised in gated little communities over there in America and are not ready for a real world so I just attempted to point that out to them.

I don't understand why such an innocent question posed by mcaffa in the first place has to turn this topic into an unnecessary and nasty battleground for bitching at each other. As is usually the case, the minority spoil things for the majority.
And what the hell has American Imperialism got to do with Peanut Butter and Cranberry Juice? Or am I not thinking laterally enough?
Quit the bitching and aggressive behaviour please! It's not becoming of gentlemen and ladies.
I started contributing to these forums 2 years ago and again then, a minority started to hijack the discussions with aggressive, way off topic attacks and so I left this group for a while only to come back and find the same old crap.
mcaffa wanted some help, so answer the F****ing question with constructive answers or don't bother posting at all!
Rant over.................

For corn chips, i get Casa Fiesta at Disco or Carrefour. small bags and more expensive if you add them all up than youd pay back home. back home, id get 2 bags and theyd last me so long id almost get sick of them.
the bag says its imported from usa but read again and youll see its Dutch made. anyway, casa fiesta chips are worth picking up. far superior to Arg. made Doritos. wheres the cheese!

"JG" said:
For corn chips, i get Casa Fiesta at Disco or Carrefour. small bags and more expensive if you add them all up than youd pay back home. back home, id get 2 bags and theyd last me so long id almost get sick of them.
the bag says its imported from usa but read again and youll see its Dutch made. anyway, casa fiesta chips are worth picking up. far superior to Arg. made Doritos. wheres the cheese!
You can get Macritas ( made in Arg ) they are very good and cheaper

Dare I ask how on earth a simple question about some grocery items turned into a big debate? For Christ's sake - some people take things way, way, way too far.
Just want to mention to Elpanada that I asked about the PB, BBQ sauce (I've seen KC Masterpiece around before) and Heinz because it was a RECENT issue (in my 3 years here, I never ran into the shortage until a couple weeks ago). Not an issue that would be clarified by using the forum search feature. I wanted up-to-date info. If you can't answer my simple question, then don't answer at all! Ugghhh....ignorant people like you make me hate living here (don't tell me to just go back to the US or Uruguay (my other country). I wish I could but I can't for reasons of the heart).
Anyways....many thanks to the people who actually tried to help. A friend of mine heard that jumbo has Heinz again, so I'll have to pop over soon and investigate. Still on the search for PB (which last time I checked didn't have "MSG, Aspartame and fluoride" in it), but not a huge issue since I honestly don't eat it THAT much of it. About the tortilla chips - Macritas are ok if you can't get anything else, but the best I've gotten my hands on here are the Casa Fiesta ones (their mild salsa and hard taco shells are pretty good too). One thing I did find interesting at Jumbo last week was that they had cans and cans of candied yams and sweet potato pie filling. Is it Thanksgiving time already?
Margaux

I posted a link with a small funny drawing, no need to write an essay about that

lol - I saw the sweet potato pie filling too -- has it just arrived off the boat or is july deep-discount month for it in the US?? Weird... although I have to admit I'm making Tourtiere tomorrow -- quebecois dish that we usually eat on Christmas eve...

"This is a community site of of expatriates living in Buenos Aires – a special place where people can get together, share experiences and help each other out."
cough, cough,
My shopping list for my husband to bring back for me from London:
3 big jars of marmite
3 big jars of madras curry paste
4 big packs of tetley's tea bags (the water here is crap for twinings)
2 tins of colemans english mustard powder
UK to SA plug adaptors, (constantly swiped by english polo players, who just drop in for a cuppa while they charge their cell phones)
a couple of pairs of Marks and Spencers black self hold up stockings.
underwear from marks and spencers of my husband choice but definitely in my size. Must include some nice bodies with string backs.
pony head collars
M&S nice cotton boxer shorts for my sweaty ten year old
1 bottle of Valentino pefume (the original in the long bottle) only available from Harrod's.
Several bars of cadbury's fruit and nut chocolate
2 tins of birds custard powder
2 polar all in one sleep suits for growing baby, who kicks covers at night.
2 small bottles of oil of olbas, for sniffing when one feels yukky or hungover
mixed bags of crisps, flavours to include: salt and vinegar, cheese and onion, cheese and chives, smoky bacon (whoops! yummy MSG red flag for trolls)
some tatler magazines
some horse and hound magazines
some national enquirer juicy crap magazines
the latest daily mail, taken off the aeroplane
a few copies of time out and newsweek
10 bars of fry's turkish delight (for my personal stash)
soap from Molton brown
25 40watt small clip in english candle lamp bulbs
1 surprise pair of Mui Mui sling back kitten heels (with bows or ribbons)
a pair of jimmy choos if hubby is in a good mood
my new credit card for this year
my new Lloyds bank card (they sure as hell wear out here with so many $300 peso trips to the banelco)

Back