Signs Of Future Argentina?

Argentina is in the shape it's in for one reason: too many un-virtuous people. There are plenty of virtuous people (OF COURSE not every Argentine is selfish and apathetic!). But not enough of them. That's the simple truth; if the average person will not steal, cheat, envy, and climb over their neighbor, but is a virtuous person, things will probably go well. If not, it won't. George Washington said that the success of the United States would depend upon peoples' virtue. He was spot on, and not just about the United States.

Oh yes, the land of the good! If all these bastard people in Argentina were like that the country would have a flourishing economy, with no debt...no, wait...there would be no crime, no murders...wait again...there would be no massacres in high schools...err, anyways, you know what I mean!

What a pile of crap.

All other Expats forums members based in elsewhere in Latin America ta;lks of Argentina as if the country is a plague or something similar.
However,the dislike of Argentina to most of them, the concentration or the number of Expats living in each country in South America can never equal the number living in Argie~Land.. So no matter the Shits these Gringos talks of Argentina, the lure of this country is magnetic.
You can talk of Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Brazil. etc, but no other country but Argentina posses the luster,the history,in the summary of being,_ the Paris of South.! Argentina, the passion of Latin America.! The melting pot.!

Obviously you have never been to those places, otherwise you wold never had made such comments. Only someone who has never been to Sao Paulo would fail to realize how poor, decadent, provincial and dirty BA is when compared to South America's largest city. Go visit Liberdade in Sao Paulo and compare it with the so called "Barrio Chino" in BA afterwards. It is not even funny. In terms of food, on quality, selection and diversity, Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro completely blows BA out of the water. Go eat at an Italian cantina on Bexiga ou Moca in Sao Paulo and then compare it to the tasteless and overpriced goo that is served in Buenos Aires as "Italian Food". Cultural events: BA does not come even in striking range of Sao Paulo. In terms of education, Sao Paulo has the top ranked university in Latin America (USP) and the #3 (UNICAMP). UBA, Argentina's best, comes on a distant #11. To end, please note that Sao Paulo alone has a GDP of 450 billion dollars. That is slightly higher than the GDP of ALL of Argentina put together.
Buenos Aires was an amazing and unrivalled city in Latin America 75-50 years ago. Today it is just a shadow of the former self and it has been completely and utterly outclassed by other Latin American metropolises.

So, Mexico and Peru have less history than Argentina? It's hard to take anything else you say seriously after that.

Also, Buenos Aires MAY have been the Paris of South America 50 - 75 years ago. It's now just the rotting corpse of those glory days.

Only a Porteno would be this delusional. The awful food alone should be enough for anyone with half a brain to question the legitimacy of the "Paris of Latin America" statement.

Obviously you have never been to those places, otherwise you wold never had made such comments. Only someone who has never been to Sao Paulo would fail to realize how poor, decadent, provincial and dirty BA is when compared to South America's largest city. Go visit Liberdade in Sao Paulo and compare it with the so called "Barrio Chino" in BA afterwards. It is not even funny. In terms of food, on quality, selection and diversity, Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro completely blows BA out of the water. Go eat at an Italian cantina on Bexiga ou Moca in Sao Paulo and then compare it to the tasteless and overpriced goo that is served in Buenos Aires as "Italian Food". Cultural events: BA does not come even in striking range of Sao Paulo. In terms of education, Sao Paulo has the top ranked university in Latin America (USP) and the #3 (UNICAMP). UBA, Argentina's best, comes on a distant #11. To end, please note that Sao Paulo alone has a GDP of 450 billion dollars. That is slightly higher than the GDP of ALL of Argentina put together.
Buenos Aires was an amazing and unrivalled city in Latin America 75-50 years ago. Today it is just a shadow of the former self and it has been completely and utterly outclassed by other Latin American metropolises.

I beg to differ: yes, I have been to SP and Rio (and actually lived in Sao Paulo-Itaim Bibi for a few months) and sorry, but BA is still a couple of heads above them. BA has a charme and cultural life that is truely unique in LatinAmerica (still today!).
And yes, I would pick BA anyday.

Obviously you have never been to those places, otherwise you wold never had made such comments. Only someone who has never been to Sao Paulo would fail to realize how poor, decadent, provincial and dirty BA is when compared to South America's largest city.

Yes I have been to Sao Paulo several times and it is way inferior to Buenos Aires. And I have Brazilian friends who would agree Sao Paulo is also inferior to Rio. Of the two I would still choose Buenos Aires over Rio despite the attractive but dangerous beaches.

I'm not impressed with your Youtube video either - doesnt convince me.

And do us a favour and try to express your opinion which is clearly subjective without having to recourse immediately to disparaging someone with an equally legitimate but different view - can you? That's what a Forum is all about I think someone once said.

Not that I dont have my moments of course :)

What a load of crap ! Putting up a very cheesy video does not convince those who have visited Sao Paulo and seen the truth . Is crime rate alone makes Buenos Aires seem like Disneyland and its people are louder than even the loudest Porteno always bragging about their city which in the main is a plastic concrete jungle .

It is in the main a ugly city like most Brazilian cities with very few beautiful buildings and the gap between rich and poor puts Argentina to shame . There is no free education, free medical care for the poor and their favelas are a complete no go zone . Villa 21 is Recoleta in comparison .

Also Sao Paulo is terribly expensive and without reason as well as a decent apartment in a good area is close to three times dearer than here Yeah Sao Paulo dream on..............................................................................................................

Wow, a simple point of view about Argentina,especially of Buenos Aires from_ un Extranjero, un Civil del Mundo_ whom has been all over the world to the count of more than 30 countries. It is my feeling and perception of the Charm possesing BsAs. If and to all of you whom disagrees with my view, then why are you bitching about Bs As and still living there. I know the reason as to why, Bs As has the History,the Charm, attractiveness factor, the Foods, the Wines,The passionate Tango, The ever magnificent Teatro Colon, etc... Good days will come
your way sooner or later. Old proberv saz, (Once one enters that village,you have to adapt to that village's doctrines.) so cheer up !...

Back