Sit Tight...Your Dollar is About To Go ALOT Further!

In the suburbs, no problem at all with the ATMs. I withdrew money again yesterday.

Shortage is likely due to a kind of irrational fear (Pavlovian reflex).

If some people need absolutely to change dollars for pesos, I can give a hand :p

I took out $5000 pesos on Sunday and another $4000 on Monday in Belgrano with no problems at all.

This is one of the very few websites that has the current "blue" dollar exchange rate

http://www.ambito.com/economia/mercados/dolar.asp

Seems very accurate although the "contado con liqui" rate is about 5% more it seems.

Simplified: This last rate is when you pay for the dollars here in pesos but they give them to you in the US for example.

bradlyhale said:
Infobae published an article this morning, in which they quoted the AFIP Director:

Echegaray emphasized that "the AFIP has information regarding everyone's expenses, such as school tuition, credit card bills, airline ticket purchases, household services, health insurance, as well as debit card transactions."

That is just frightening. :eek:

Well, not only they know a lot about you they also publish some of that info. You can go to Banco Central's web site with anyone's CUIT/CUIL or CDI and lookup their debts online (loans, cards, etc). This can be done anonymously without having to register with Banco Central or pay any kind of fee. :eek: Scary indeed. I guess culturally, privacy does not seem to be a big concern here.

Lucas said:
A sustainable middle class is the goal and the dream to fulfill as it was in Peron's era all that as been destroyed in previous 2003 governments, the poor got poorer and the middle class was wiped of the map, only a fistful few, the corrupts, the speculators, the scum of society flourished and these are the ones you are talking about now.

They horded all the wealth they can hold, accumulated power and closed the gates to the rest of society, now those gates are coming down maybe a bit slowly but steadily as they cry and moan for this because they have now to share with the rest of society and that word isn't in their vocabulary.

jajajajajajajajaj you are kidding, right ???? are you for real or just making fun of us !!!! you just described in a nutshell that whole decade under Kirchner´s regime !! again....you are joking, right ?? Ask Cristina how much of her fortune is she sharing with the rest of society !!!!!!! :S middle class ???? here ????? define middle class pls oh, i know...today´s middle class = he/she who can afford 3 meals a day !! :S poor= he/she who can only affor 1 meal a day....i understand now why you are convinced there´s no poverty in this country and the middle class is growing stronger !!

Well, you all freaked me out. I just went to the ATM on Santa Fe and you'll be happy to know you can get brand spanking new 100 peso notes. My guess the printing presses are in full steam?

Lucas said:
A sustainable middle class is the goal and the dream to fulfill as it was in Peron's era all that as been destroyed in previous 2003 governments, the poor got poorer and the middle class was wiped of the map, only a fistful few, the corrupts, the speculators, the scum of society flourished and these are the ones you are talking about now.

They horded all the wealth they can hold, accumulated power and closed the gates to the rest of society, now those gates are coming down maybe a bit slowly but steadily as they cry and moan for this because they have now to share with the rest of society and that word isn't in their vocabulary.

Hey Lucas! Pass some of that stuff your smoking this way...it must be good! I want to deny reality too now that Queen Kretina is back in her throne.

notebook.fix said:
Hey Lucas! Pass some of that stuff your smoking this way...it must be good! I want to deny reality too now that Queen Kretina is back in her throne.

You better look after that old bag queen of yours and her retinue of useless drunken parasites, old chap.

This queen is mine not yours....and I don't give you a shit, that stuff is all mine too, B.Y.O.

Back