Skype problem - heeeeeelp :)

Johnno

Registered
Hi all,

I hope someone out there who is super tech savvy can help me out here...

I have a simple problem - but I'm not sure if the solution will be easy...

Basically - I'll be down in BA in a couple of months - I have my portable skype phone number and the boss here in Oz is happy for me to continue working for her on the helpline she has here - the ONLY problem is this:

I need 3 things set up on my skype online number:

1. Caller ID off (easy).
2. No messagebank/voicemail (easy).
3. NO call waiting (basically I need skype to work in a way that if someone rings through to me on my skype number in Buenos Aires (routed through from the phone system/call centre setup in australia) one of two things happens - if I am not on a call the skype phone rings - but if I am they customer/call centre software back in Australia gets a busy/engaged tone...

NOW - this is my problem - I have looked everywhere online - and just about given up - I can't seem to find ANY WAY to set up skype to do this...

The call centre I will be working for (in Australia) from my apartment in BA has a very definite setup - if I don't answer 3 calls in a row I am logged out for the night and I don't make any money...

As it stands, with skype the way it is when I am on a call and someone else tries to call me instead of them getting a busy/engaged tone the phone keeps ringing - and will eventually ring out...

THIS is my problem...

I'll be down there in about 7 weeks and THIS is a problem I never expected to have to deal with...

I've already sorted out my skype phone hardware - my router - the Fibertel connection I will use etc. - this is the last remaining problem - but its a BIG ONE :(

Hoping someone out there can help ?

John.

John.

I do the same as you. Work in Ba for an Aussie company. The phone is something I need to use daily and am in con.stant communication with Australia.

In my opinion, Skype really sux. I'm using voip through Mynetfone.com.au and yes, my clients get an engaged signal if i'm on the phone, incoming calls are free, I have voicemail if I turn it on and calls to Australia from Ba are 10c untimed.

The software they give you is softphone to make calls through the computer but I have a voip modem on fibertel which means I take and make calls through a regular telephone handset.

I've even setup a telephone number in canberra which my clients call and no matter where I am in the world I can receive phone calls to my mobile phone for free.

I'm in Australia at the moment so call me on 0425197193 in u need more info.

Trev

Many thanks for that Trev - I'll be giving you a call soon :)

Back