Smoking Pot Like A Pack Of Cigs....

I would be inclined to think that nlaruccia is simply emphasising her perception of a relatively lesser negative externality to society, in comparison to alcohol however debatable that might might be.

Meh, as I see it, you and London2baires are both being unreasonably negative on the subject.

Just what "negative externality" are you asserting to be associated with auto-cultivation or co-op cultivation and consumption of cannabis? When L2B says "risk of torture or more severe cartel or government violence in a 'producing' country" that's a huge assumption. Let's take the California model, since it has been in effect for about a decade, and the proposed Uruguay model would seem to be similar. Most cannabis consumed in California in produced in California, because imported weed is grossly inferior. When legal small local growers sell to a dispensary, which then legally retails to consumers with a California medical card, there is no criminality at any stage. Everything is within the bounds of California's medical marijuana law, known as SB420. The supply chain is short and local, involving only three parties, and two transactions. So what's this about torture, etc? It's a grossly negative assumption, which has no basis in fact.

There is in fact zero negativity associated with cannabis consumption, per se.

I don't use marihuana but I don't condemn the use of it. I think alcohol and cigarettes are far more harmful to one's health and safety. That being said, besides social uses, cannabis has several medicinal uses: people with Parkinson's Disease, seizures, etc. To take away someone's rights to live a better life with the use of an herb is cruel. Those of you who have watched first hand someone with cancer suffer from pain and nausea can understand the need to legalize marihuana.

Back