So if you had a chance to bring 5 things with you to BA

Zackdotcom said:
Thanks I'm bringing both a dock and pod and extra touches.

Do usa websites like Pandora and others operate down there or are they blocked?

No pandora doesn't wotk here, but an Argentine friend introduced me to Grooveshark.. its almost better as works more like itunes, you pick what and when you want to play, and you can also upload your whole library though it took three days with the connection speeds here.

I watch TV on Yidio, or download bit torrents- shows and movies, in that case an external harddrive comes in really handy.

Nobody has mentioned booze yet ? I have yet to find a place in BA that sells MEAD - lots of red wine and good local cheap cognac - the Otard Dupuy you can buy in Disco is dirt cheap and good - but nobody has MEAD ! ? SO - if you're a mead drinker - I reckon you need to bring some or find someone who will post it to you where you are going to be staying - I'm going to be sending quite a few bottles as soon as my lady has our apartment set up :)

Oh - and if you have a particular brand of cigars/cigarellos you like I think that definitely makes sense too - on my last trip down to BA I had to go two weeks without my much loved Captain Blacks - I don't mind smoking luckys when they are so cheap down there - but if anyone knows where to buy Captain Black cigarellos in BA please let me know (chances are I'll end up renting in Congresso at this stage - but anywhere in BA that sells them would be good to know about :)

towels, expensive and not great here.
any spicy things you like, wing sauce, franks red hot, chili powder, jalepenos
your fav deodorant, not toothpaste you can find the same here
any specific drugs you like, they sell stuff in small quanitites and not always the same stuff here.
toilet paper they have mostly the same stuff, don't waste the space.

Spices
Good quality cotton socks
ALL clothes
Fruit of the Loom T shirts
Hiking shoes

Sheets for sure...HIGH thread count

Good facial moisturizer

as many electronics as you can pack

a t-shirt/sweat shirt from you favorite college and/or professional team...I was so excited to see someone wearing an Ohio State sweatshirt!

your favorite brand of underwear

Razor and razor blade cartridges
Running shoes (good brands like New Balance, Saucony, Mizuno, Asics)
Kindle
Guide book(s)
Umbrella (the quality sucks here and it rains during every season)

T*Minney said:
Razor and razor blade cartridges
Running shoes (good brands like New Balance, Saucony, Mizuno, Asics)
Kindle
Guide book(s)
Umbrella (the quality sucks here and it rains during every season)

I live in portland oregon so iv'e got the umbrella down!!! check.

Yes on the iPad, iPhone/Touch, and the Bose Docking Station. (Wi-fi is available in so many cafes and restaurants that it is great to be able to read the New York Times while you wait for the server to return to your table.) Pandora does not work here, but last.fm does. Oh, and bring cash, lots of cash to pay for your apartment deposit and rent.

rrptownley said:
For 45-90 days? There's nothing vital that you need to bring.
He/She is coming for the summer. Wouldn't you add PIMM'S to the list?

Back