So, Price Controls. When Will We Begin To See Shortages?

When will shortages start to appear in supermarkets?

• 2 weeks

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • 1 month

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • 2 months

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Never. Cristina will solve the inflation problem with price controls.

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
Today I was at the Jumbo in Puerto Madero, around 1230 hours, and the store was practically empty.

Today I was at the Jumbo in Puerto Madero, around 1230 hours, and the store was practically empty.

You are referring to customers, not items for sale...right? :rolleyes:

If the other supermarkets start selling out of a lot of items and can't or simply don't restock the shelves (very predictable during a short term price freeze), I think the Puerto Madero Jumbo will become very popular...at least while supplies last.

It was very busy yesterday when my partner went around the same time. Some people had multiple carts, etc. Maybe a discount day for card holders. They were out of some of the items we regularly buy (Eco water for example), tho that may have just been the typical restocking issues.

If you see a minor price increase when shopping at your supermarket, should report it immediately to the 800 number below, please check it to see if they answer :D

La Subsecretaría de Defensa del Consumidor recibió en el 0800-666-1518 unas 25 llamadas, pero sólo dos eran denuncias concretas :confused:[font=Helvetica Neue'] [/font]

The chino where I go is also much less expensive than the supermarket. I shop around check the prices.

By shortages you refer to the ones die to lack of importation of products? Or people buying everything while the peices are frozen. Me friend was the the supermarket today and the entire aisle of olive oil was completely empty. She said everyone was purchasing like ceazy. Then she went and bought an air conditioner because after the price freeze ends paying in "cuotas" on your credit card without interest will no longer be an available option.

I was perusing Mercadolibre today and noticed some really good offers on new cars but the dealerships specifically stated that they coud accept payment via financing through a bank and couldn't accept cash. What will happen when the government prevents people from purchasing with cash just so they can monitor people even more?

Many people seem to be assuming that this will only last the two months. Why would it not be extended? The K-Regime will in a month's time be haranguing about evil supermarket changes causing artificial shortages. This is sort of like the tactic of going to war - it acts as a diversion for the masses to keep them distracted from their personal economic travails.

Moreno is reported to have said that anyone not obeying his price freeze decrees will be expropriated.
No change there then. ;)

Went to Jumbo today, no shortage.

Seems that the next shortage will happen shortly before the end of this price freeze!

Back