Speedy and no where to turn

allcraz said:
I wanted to share what seems to be a happy ending (or at least nicer than the beginning.) I eventually called Telefonica to have them send someone to check out the telephone wiring. No one came. I called both Speedy AND Telefonica again yesterday and magically, a technician from Telefonica called back an hour later saying he could be at the apt. in 1 hour. He was the ONLY one who had ever asked for the key to get up on the roof. Up he goes, and he finds (courtesy of our tenants):
tel%2520wire.jpg

Why Speedy never thought of going up to the roof is anyone's guess. As you might imagine, internet seems to be working much better, and as a backup plan, the neighbors were kind enough to give us their WiFi password (although they did claim that they, too, have problems.) Anyway, YAY! Thanks again for your suggestions and input!

Exactly what I thought it could be, ....the wiring. Glad to know the faulty wire was in the actual building & not out under the street somewhere, that would have been a real pain to fix.

Speaking as the tenant, I'm happy to say that the situation continues to be MUCH improved. Thanks to everyone who provided suggestions, and a MILLION thanks to allcraz and her husband, who went way out of their way to try to make a solution happen. I can't imagine renting from anyone nicer :)

Back