Spending Pesos

And yet it's cheaper to pay for a trip to Europe than it is to go to Mar del Plata?

"Rewarding people who pay taxes" is a well-known BS meme. I'd like to hear from anybody who knows 3 people who successfully got this money back. Heck, let's make it anyone who knows one person who got it back. Even individuals who are good with their taxes normally know better than upset the AFIP with this kind of request.

The only case I've heard of this actually happening is corporations - not monotributistas - who deduct the 35% from the amount they owe the govt. For the rest of the population, tax-paying or not, this money is gone.

I received the 35% credit back. So did many others at my company. However, we are all in "relacion dependencia" (we're not monotributistas).
Note that it does not exactly result in paying at the official rate, because technically you have to include the impact of inflation on the money that you "lent" the government. So, the returned money is less in real terms.

All this talk about traveling to Europe being cheaper than traveling inside Argentina is making me look at tickets!!

"Rewarding people who pay taxes" is a well-known BS meme. I'd like to hear from anybody who knows 3 people who successfully got this money back. Heck, let's make it anyone who knows one person who got it back. Even individuals who are good with their taxes normally know better than upset the AFIP with this kind of request.

The only case I've heard of this actually happening is corporations - not monotributistas - who deduct the 35% from the amount they owe the govt. For the rest of the population, tax-paying or not, this money is gone.

I received the 35% credit back. So did many others at my company. However, we are all in "relacion dependencia" (we're not monotributistas).
Note that it does not exactly result in paying at the official rate, because technically you have to include the impact of inflation on the money that you "lent" the government. So, the returned money is less in real terms.

All this talk about traveling to Europe being cheaper than traveling inside Argentina is making me look at tickets!!

You have become one of my favorite posters , wongjoh". I look forward to your posts. Very precise and full of facts.

I think RodolfoWalsh explained it very well. In my case, in addition to paying ABL on my apartment, I have to pay another tax called Bienes Personales. I don't know what it is but it seems to be based on the value of the apartment too, plus any bank account you may have in BA. My Argentine cpa prepares the declaracion jurada, and this year I don't have to pay anything because I got a credit for using my Argentina issued credit card while travelling abroad.

Hence, the 35% tax you pay for using your credit card is returned to you. The best part is that it is automatic; somehow, the Argentine IRS keeps tab of the 35% and give this information to my cpa. All I know is that this year, and last year, I did not have to pay the tax called bienes personales because of the credit I got for using my Argentina issued credit abroad. Seems like a good deal to me.

Ben, I think RickUllvi in his earlier post said he got it back in a credit on his taxes owed. First person testimony.

T/

And yet it's cheaper to pay for a trip to Europe than it is to go to Mar del Plata?

Every shirt here cost 1800. Suits 8000/10.000. Shoes 1200. Coats about 5000.
So, i got for 12.000 clothes for a value of 97.000. I spent 14.000 in the ticket and 6400 in the b&b.
So, i spent about 30.000, i saved 70.000 and I spent 8 days in Rome.

I spent 5 days in mar del plata for the new year. The hotel was 12.500. Total i spent about 20.000 with restaurants. It means 4000 per day. For 8 days it is 32.000.
So, it cost the same but i came back from MDP with a bag or dirty clothes instead of a complete new wardrove.

I never had what I spent on my argie credit card automatically credited against my buenos personales. I think I need rickulivis accountant!

Back