Spine Surgery Question

thanks! worried about the cost now then I will focus on facing what is ahead. I had surgery years ago and it lasted me this long so I am grateful for that. Soon this will be a part of my past :)

So many times in my life what where the darkest moments were the moments of change I could not understand in those moments but they turned out the be the best moments of change. I just could not see that in those moments. Stepping out on limb here.. Don't be afraid to ask God for what you need in this moment. I have done so myself many times. Sometimes I did not get what I was expecting or anticipating but so far it has always worked out. Maybe not at the level I wanted but it has always worked out.

Definitely get estimates from different doctors/hospitals if you can.... let them know your situation.

Are you sure no insurance will take you, even if you buy the most expensive plan?

I was going to be operated. I refused even the pain was too much, I was on a weelchair and Drs. said i had almost no chance to walk again.
n my case I found a Chinese dr. specialized on pain control (issues with the spine is all about pain) and 1 month later i was walking and 6 months later dancing tango. Just my 2 cents.

I would pay the highest rate they wanted to charge if it meant I would be covered but have not found one. I only have a few days at most to figure this out. Had my 2nd and 3rd opinion today.

My situation is a little different, I can do pain but there are other issues that will be forever if I don´t fix it. Nobody wants to get bored reading about my medical stuff lol

Thank you guys for all the helpfull advise.

one thing I would say, is anyone that is coming here to stay doný lag, get your insurance in place or file your paperwork for you DNI at least to avoid an otherwise avoidable situation ...my two cents

Each human being is unique, I am sorry about the situation you are going through here, without a healt insurance.

I can talk about the diagnosis and cost of the surgery and recovery, just in case, let me recommend you:

- ALPI and clinica del dr avanzi, two traumatologic clinics run like an ngo. The first one is specialized in ART situations, the second one in sports. ALPI has a very good structure ( and affordable) for rehabilitation.

- Fundacion Favaloro developed an excelent area of neuroscience and neuro surgery, whose chief is Facundo Manes, a great doctor.

My only advice is to keep in mind the whole process you are starting to deal with soon.

My best wishes

I found a Chinese dr. specialized on pain control (issues with the spine is all about pain) and 1 month later i was walking and 6 months later dancing tango. Just my 2 cents.

Please post his details here for everyone's benefit.

I have heard that the free hospitals treat everyone and give excellent care but that has not been mentioned here.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Back