Spine Surgery Question

I have heard that the free hospitals treat everyone and give excellent care but that has not been mentioned here.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Good point.

This is the best public hospital about traumatology:

http://www.hospitald...aumatologia.htm

I was there on an emergency once and the doctors were awesome.

However, this is run by Macri's administration that is not foreigners friendly.

The Hospital de Clinicas is run by the UBA, so, they are going to be more friendly but the "hotel" sucks. Also, there you have all the masters "Dr. House" alike and the young doctors who are learning with them. This means that you can have 3/4 very qualified opinions if there is any doubt.

http://www.hospitaldeclinicas.uba.ar/contenidos.php?id=75

At Hospital Aleman I have a very bad experience because there were nobody with experience neither responsability to take care of me and I had been a whole weekend without proper painkillers because the only old doctor left early because it was the holliday of a relative...

Hospital Aleman I have a very bad experience because there were nobody with experience neither responsability to take care of me and I had been a whole weekend without proper painkillers because the only old doctor left early because it was the holliday of a relative...

Hospital Aleman is highly over rated by expats. Their are better options.

Eugenia. have you lost muscle function? I was told it would become permanent between 6 months and a year if left untreated. I waited 6 months to see if I got it back, had the surgery, and regained the use of my calf muscle. might help with time lines. got luck

I have had a double fusion. (In the US)I waited too long and THAT caused problems.
Here I just last year had an operation that would've cost about 100K in the US. I had a neural stimulator implanted. It required two surgeries. Now I'm better than I've been in 20 years! And best yet, this thing is actually curing the nerve damage and they say that in another year or two I might be able to have it removed and be pain free.
My hospital stays here were like being in a hotel. The doctors gave me their cell phone numbers. You will be fine. Go forward with confidence. I had given up hope from my US experiences and didn't trust any doctors. My experiences with health care providers here have been life changing.

I have had a double fusion. (In the US)I waited too long and THAT caused problems.
Here I just last year had an operation that would've cost about 100K in the US. I had a neural stimulator implanted. It required two surgeries. Now I'm better than I've been in 20 years! And best yet, this thing is actually curing the nerve damage and they say that in another year or two I might be able to have it removed and be pain free.
My hospital stays here were like being in a hotel. The doctors gave me their cell phone numbers. You will be fine. Go forward with confidence. I had given up hope from my US experiences and didn't trust any doctors. My experiences with health care providers here have been life changing.
I pray I can say your same words soon! My wish was that I had gotten health insurance as soon I arrived here but I never imagined this would happen. I have already seen that doctors are different here. I had one doctor give my cell number to another and share my situation with him and he called me late on friday night to make arrangements for me to see him. This would never happen in the US. It was a 3 month wait for an appointment with my original neurosurgeon.

Great report thanks for sharing. Dark moments to the best moments. Keep the faith Eugenia.

Just wanted to give an update. It has been a crazy stress filled couple of months. I did have the surgery and I can not speak high enough about the healthcare I received here in Buenos Aires. There was never a point I did not fully trust my doctor as he and his team are amazing. It has been and will continue to be a rough recovery but each day gets better. The operation itself took double the time they anticipated as they found additional issues and were able to correct them. I feel very fortunate that I was here when this happened. Hands down the best care ever.

Could you tell us where you had the surgery and with what doctors? This may be helpful should someone else find themselves in the same situation.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Best wishes in the healing process.

Back