Stay away from this apartment rental

windy said:
I just sent this entire link to the Buenos Aires Herald. They have just thanked me and said it has been sent to their newsroom.
I doubt they will run with it, but you never know.

I can see the headline now:

WOMAN LAWYER BAD TRICK TURIST

This thing has been taken to level that is almost scary. Hope you all know what you are doing.

The way the courts see invasion of privacy, defamation, false light:

This (U.S. Supreme) Court has approved the following as a fairly comprehensive definition of what constitutes an actionable invasion of the right of privacy:

The unwarranted appropriation or exploitation of one’s personality, the publicizing of one’s private affairs with which the public has no legitimate concern, or the wrongful intrusion into one’s private activities, in such manner as to outrage or cause mental suffering, shame, or humiliation to a person of ordinary sensibilities.

dennisr said:
This thing has been taken to level that is almost scary. Hope you all know what you are doing.

The way the courts see invasion of privacy, defamation, false light:

This (U.S. Supreme) Court has approved the following as a fairly comprehensive definition of what constitutes an actionable invasion of the right of privacy:

The unwarranted appropriation or exploitation of one’s personality, the publicizing of one’s private affairs with which the public has no legitimate concern, or the wrongful intrusion into one’s private activities, in such manner as to outrage or cause mental suffering, shame, or humiliation to a person of ordinary sensibilities.

How could anything the US Supreme Court has ruled affect something that happened in Argentina?

________________________________________________________________________________________

www.argentineart.blogspot.com

steveinbsas said:
How could anything the US Supreme Court has ruled affect something that happened in Argentina?

The way I understand it, Argentina has much stricter statutes for defamation, false light and such. Whatever, none of my business. I just thought I would offer a thought about the subject. Happy investigating....

dennisr said:

It's kind of difficult to invoke this statement when the information that has been posted here has only been copied from public sources, provided by her or even her own government.

I think I experienced "mental suffering" and "shame" when I stayed in her god-awful apartment last year. The place was like a cave with paper-thin, hideously-painted walls. The bed felt as if it were supported by an egg crate. The toilet was only separated from the shower head by the shower curtain. The place was hell. She refused to give me a contract, and she jacked me of my $200 USD. (ETA: She technically didn't con me. I put the keys in the mailbox, and I hopped on a flight back to the United States... She wasn't going to give me a contract after numerous requests, so I took advantage of the holiday season and went home.)

So, which group of people is the victim? Folks like me and Bailey, who were conned by this low-life? Or Valeria Victoria Florencia Marina Daud, the idiot who has never heard of a who-is record and stole hundreds of dollars from several individuals?

You can't cure stupid.

bradlyhale said:
It's kind of difficult to invoke this statement when the information that has been posted here has only been copied from public sources, provided by her or even her own government.

I think I experienced "mental suffering" and "shame" when I stayed in her god-awful apartment last year. The place was like a cave with paper-thin, hideously-painted walls. The bed felt as if it were supported by an egg crate. The toilet was only separated from the shower head by the shower curtain. The place was hell. She refused to give me a contract, and she jacked me of my $200 USD. (ETA: She technically didn't con me. I put the keys in the mailbox, and I hopped on a flight back to the United States... She wasn't going to give me a contract after numerous requests, so I took advantage of the holiday season and went home.)

So, which group of people is the victim? Folks like me and Bailey, who were conned by this low-life? Or Valeria Victoria Florencia Marina Daud, the idiot who has never heard of a who-is record and stole hundreds of dollars from several individuals?

You can't cure stupid.
Bradly, do not want to get into a debate, am on your side. Your statement: "……..who were conned by this low-life? Or Valeria Victoria Florencia Marina Daud, the idiot who has never heard of a who-is record and stole hundreds of dollars from several individuals?"

Your statement is not a FACT (low life…idiot..), it is your opinion, and that makes you libel for defamation. That is all I am saying.
I give up.

I can tell you it's fact because the same thing nearly happened to me with Veronica, as I knew her. I ended up leaving after realizing that I wasn't going to get my money back. Even after I begged and pleaded for a contract, she refused to give me one.

Feel free to read the thread that I posted last year about this: http://baexpats.org/expat-life/7175-no-contract-strange-circumstances.html

I purposely never responded to the thread. I never posted her name or the name that was coming on the correspondence. I kept my mouth shut. I ended up leaving Buenos Aires, putting the keys in the mailbox and forgetting about the $200.

This woman is no angel, and nothing I've said about her is defamatory. Based on my experience, some hearsay, and Bailey's experience, it would not be false to say that she's a low-life and a liar --- after all, her name is Florencia Marina, not Veronica or Valeria or whatever she decides to call herself when she's out scamming people. ;-)

dennisr said:
Bradly, do not want to get into a debate, am on your side. Your statement: "……..who were conned by this low-life? Or Valeria Victoria Florencia Marina Daud, the idiot who has never heard of a who-is record and stole hundreds of dollars from several individuals?"

Your statement is not a FACT (low life…idiot..), it is your opinion, and that makes you libel for defamation. That is all I am saying.
I give up.

Low life idiot is an opinion and not defamation. Calling someone names does not make one liable for defamation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation#Argentina

Back