Stay away from this apartment rental

I truly believe that the Scammer deliberately avoided the OP in wanting to better things, and make things right. The fact that their careers could be jeopardized, has been brought upon themselves. What she did was illegal, whilst claiming to practice Law. This thread may have lasting affect on her Career, but that's something she should have considered before ripping MULTIPLE people off. No sympathy over here ... continue with the investigation. People power! Well done everyone.

Sockhopper's post is so on target. The mere fact that this unethical woman deleted all her websites and didn't respond to the allegation speaks volumes. It would be common sense for her to post her side of the story if she really had another side and Bailey's post was not true. Instead, she immediately tries to delete all trace of her existence online.

IMHO, if she truly is a lawyer I believe she should lose her law license. In the USA, she would probably end up in jail. She is fortunate that the judicial system here in Argentina is broken.

Sockhopper said:
Clearly, you don’t need to worry. The fact that this thread is intact and online implies that it has been properly moderated and that defamation has not occurred.

No that just means the moderators don't agree with me and that's fine. Also, I'm not a lawyer and I'm assuming you are not either so we don't know necessarily know what laws (if any) have been breached here. And I certainly don't care enough to find out. My posts have just been an opinion, nothing more.

Sockhopper said:
You seem to think that people should start from a blank slate of having no information and remain uninformed because you call searching and finding published information “digging” and a “problem”.

Not at all. It seems you've also merely skimmed my posts rather than reading them in their entirety. That's fine. But please don't make comments that make you look foolish for not reading carefully.

Sockhopper said:
No victim in connection with warning others of danger by reporting a crime has to sustain alone the impact of that by not finding out how that person has been conducting her business affairs, who else has been hurt and how, and generally the extent of dishonesty, and how to redress it. Ditto readers and contributors.

Again reading is not your forte. Please read my posts before you respond to them. Thanks.

Sockhopper said:
Are you aware that this temporary rental industry being unregulated means that a landlord receiving rent doesn’t even have to provide the temporary tenant a written rental contract? Or that Argentina’s court system is not practically accessible to any visitor who must fly home as soon as a fraud is completed because the fraud was designed to separate the victim from all access to justice?

Yes and Yes. I've also rented an apartment without a contract. Please stop being presumptuous. I certainly wasn't in this thread.

Sockhopper said:
All one has to do to justify turning a blind eye to anything or everything is to propose a hugely generalized ‘what if - oh dear’ scenario as you have so as to ignore, in this instance, the significance of a fraud and its impact upon Bailey, a traveler like you and me.

Reading is fundamental. Please try it. I only got halfway through your post because you clearly haven't read all of mine.

I hate the whole process. I'm currently fighting for $400, and whether its $200, $400, $2000, $10000, the whole point is that it's YOUR money, NOT theirs, they have absolutely no moral (or legal) right to keep any of it.

Did anything more become of this?

Bailey did you hear anything more from Florencia? Did she even bother to respond?

Th fundamental question is - is there an organization, or police station you can report cases like this? What is the normal action to take - especially when you have documented emails and a signed lease?

little bee said:
I hate the whole process. I'm currently fighting for $400, and whether its $200, $400, $2000, $10000, the whole point is that it's YOUR money, NOT theirs, they have absolutely no moral (or legal) right to keep any of it.

That's exactly right! There are people who feel very entitled!

My friend left a couple days ago and the owner decided to take US$30 from the deposit because my friend arrived 5 minutes late to the check out meeting.
This is another thing that is really putting me off. I'm tired of looking over my shoulder all the time, checking my bill twice, etc. It's exhausting to be on "high alert for scams" all the time. I have other things I'd like to use my brain for. :rolleyes:

Mini - did you friend arrive after the normal check-out? Most agents/apts do check out between 9 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and if you want to check out later, there is a late check-out fee. If your friend arrived at 11:05 for example, the owner is within his/her rights to charge it That's my only thought. If however your friend wasn't told or informed or the owner just randomly charged 30 dolars, that sucks.

citygirl said:
Mini - did you friend arrive after the normal check-out? Most agents/apts do check out between 9 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and if you want to check out later, there is a late check-out fee. If your friend arrived at 11:05 for example, the owner is within his/her rights to charge it That's my only thought. If however your friend wasn't told or informed or the owner just randomly charged 30 dolars, that sucks.

She was informed there was a fee for the extra day, but they had agreed to have a late check out time of 3pm without the fee. My friend understood she had to be there for check out at 3pm. And we were in the apt at 3:05. I know this because the land lady pointed to the clock and said that my friend should have been outside the apt building at 3pm. And since she was still in the apt at 3:05 the landlady was keeping the 30 bucks. We were all out on the sidewalk at 3:15.

For me that's just looking for a reason to take the extra money. It's like a "gotcha".

Back