Stolen phone on Subte

mobri1130 said:
I try to avoid the subte whenever possible especially during rush hour. The crowds are just too much for me. Taxis are impossible during that time and I suspect it might be faster just to walk then ride in one. But how do you stand the crowds on the subte?

A deep seated loathing for sitting in traffic, even if i´m not driving.

I put on music, squeeze on to the subway, ride uncomfortably for a few minutes then hop out.

I won´t pretend its nice to shove yourself in, but I cant bring myself to sit in traffic in a taxi or a bus.

The first and last time I used the Subte, I got a panic attack and pushed my way out at the next stop.
Never again!

JHB1216 said:
Sorry, that this happened to you. I have pretty much gone porteno when it comes to strangers. When they ask me something I say no and put my hands on my valuables. The subte can be impossiblez

I said something like that on here a year ago and was called "anti social". Guy said "I won't stop talking to people" even though he had been robbed 16 times (!!! seriously!)

and then he was back month or so later with another sob story.

adapt to your surroundings or perish. Same lesson applies throughout nature. It's not rocket science. Doesn't protect you 100% but helps considerably.

During 8 years in Buenos Aires I was never robbed. My first week in Paris and I was pickpocketed in one of the nicest parts of the city. Go figure!

Back