Sube Card And More

NJ boss country

Registered
Coming soon staying two months in recoleta....where to buy a sube card and can I load any amount to the card....staying near the recoleta mall....what is the quickest bus to get to san telmo and back ...how much is taxi fare from recoleta to san telmo....thanks.....bring on the sharp tongues too....love it....any additional transport Info for would be great too.....and since I'm here, how is sagardi rest. In san telmo. Thanks

Sube cards are available in many kioscos and sometimes in lottery agencies. The card costs 25 pesos and you can put as much credit on it as you wish.
You can find a location near you here:
https://www.sube.gob...E.aspx?solapa=1

Taxi to San Telmo from Recoleta is around 80 pesos each way.

One of several sites to plan a trip in colectivo:

http://comollego.ba.gob.ar/

Can't speak for that restaurant.

this site is much better- just click on your beginning and end points.
http://www.omnilineas.com.ar/buenos-aires/colectivos/

you have a lot of colectivos to San Telmo: 62, 10, 17, to start...

You can access to sube website to choose which location is the best one, as well as the requirements to get the card.

The taxi fare is 20% more after 10 pm up to 6 am.

You can charge money in your sube card in all subway stations and, if you run out of credit, you can spend some $10 and then charge your card.

I suggest you the website from municipalidad de la ciudad de buenos aires, which has few features to make easier to move around the city. For instance, maps or directions, and if you prefer to use bus, subway, train, taxi or a car. If you prefer to go by taxi, it says the distance, to have a better idea of the fare. Also there are few applications to ask for a taxi, like easy taxi or safer taxi, besides the radio taxis, which charge you some 6 or 8 pesos when you call a taxi on the phone.

The best option is to take bus 130 to go from recoleta to san telmo and come back.

Sagardi is a very nice place with good food, drinks and customer service.

On some site which had locations of places selling SUBE cards I found out of date info. So I waited something like 15 minutes only to be told that they haven't been selling the cards for the past year. Fortunately someone there (it was a post office) spoke decent English and sent me to a kiosko across the street. You might be able to buy them at any place displaying the SUBE logo. I'm not sure but it never hurts to ask.

Bob

Although I obtained my SUBE card with charge in January 2012, I didn't register the card with my name and DNI until this week. It's a good idea to do so in case the card is lost or stolen; the balance can be transferred to your new card. Go to MI SUBE and then actualizar datos. You enter your name and DNI, etc. Then you can check your usage and balance on the card.

Coming soon staying two months in recoleta....where to buy a sube card and can I load any amount to the card....staying near the recoleta mall....what is the quickest bus to get to san telmo and back ...how much is taxi fare from recoleta to san telmo....thanks.....bring on the sharp tongues too....love it....any additional transport Info for would be great too.....and since I'm here, how is sagardi rest. In san telmo. Thanks

I like Sagardi's moderately priced pintxos for lunch, and it has good wines by the glass. That's more like a tapas bar; I've never eaten at the sitdown restaurant at the back, which is far more expensive.

Back