Sube Card And More

And speaking of the SUBE card, you can use it for a 10% discount on purchases at COTO. As I was checking out today, the cashier asked if I had a SUBE card. I happened to have it with me. She said as of today they offer at 10% discount to anyone who presents it. COTO offers the same discount on Wednesday and Thursday to jubilados, so I completed the coupon for my senior discount. They're trying to drum up business mid-week.

COTO's prices are high, so I'll take the 10% discount -- with a SUBE card or because I'm retired.

Although I obtained my SUBE card with charge in January 2012, I didn't register the card with my name and DNI until this week. It's a good idea to do so in case the card is lost or stolen; the balance can be transferred to your new card. Go to MI SUBE and then actualizar datos. You enter your name and DNI, etc. Then you can check your usage and balance on the card.
Tried to have the balance transferred after it was stolen. Didn't happen!

Tried to have the balance transferred after it was stolen. Didn't happen!

A SUBE office enters your DNI and knows if you had any balance on the card. When they issue a new card, the amount is added to it. Friends went through this process.

If no balance was transferred, you didn't have any money on the card.

A SUBE office enters your DNI and knows if you had any balance on the card. When they issue a new card, the amount is added to it. Friends went through this process.

If no balance was transferred, you didn't have any money on the card.

Sube cards haven't been tied to a DNI for several years.

Sube cards haven't been tied to a DNI for several years.

Then it's even more important to register a SUBE card online. How many keep track of their card number in case it's lost or stolen? Without the card number, you can't get the balance transferred to a new card. The online registration system is accessed with your DNI once the card number is entered.

I had my card registered on my passport, way before being a resident. I can access it online just like for a DNI-related card.
I got the card at a courier office in San Isidro, I can't remember the name (a private courier, not very famous). The lady had to ovverride some settings in order to do so

Those of you who use the subte to get to and from work probably know about the discount already with your SUBE card.

When you use the SUBE (or Monedero) card at the turnstyle, your trips are accumulated during the month. From the 21st trip, you start receiving a discount on each ride on the subte.

first 20 = 4,50
21 - 30 rides is 3,60
31 - 40 rides is 3,15
over 40 rides is 2,70

buenosaires.gob.ar/subte

Anyone know route 57? It picks up in Pilar and drops at Plaza Italia in Palermo. I'm buying a SUBE card tomorrow. OmniLíneas doesn't have a duration of the route and it's not in Google Maps. There must be a better site. Thoughts?

Try with the moovit app from a smartphone. The duration depends on the day/time.

In the past there used to be Viajafacil for computers but it is no longer working.

Back