Suggestions needed - what to bring to US

Hi all,

One of our nieces is visiting us from BA - we live in NYC. She always brings us a few things from Argentina that we can’t get here, but usually these are sweets like alfajores/titas/bonafide,etc. Since we are already well stocked on those, does anyone have suggestions on what to bring -products you like that you can’t easily get in the US. Thanks for your suggestion.
BOCADITOS CABSHA!!

Thanks, lots of good suggestions! Chimi - well, my Argentine wife makes her own chimi so that we don’t need. Bizcochitos de grasa Don Satur was a good suggestion as well - but we can get those here in NYC. Truth is the stuff we really miss isn’t going to travel well - Medialunas de grasa - Parilla - etc.

I always bring back yerba mate, myself- because all I can get on Amazon is stuff like Targui- whereas, nowadays, every dietetica and even some chinos has 4 or 5 brands of organic mate, and sometimes even organic barbacoa mate... but then, I drink mate every day, regardless of which continent I am on. And of course, you need a pinguino in every house. Modern ones are about ten bucks USD at most housewares shops, and they come in a stylish white, too.

A pinguino or two would be a great one. Can't go wrong with coca tea (re-pack into mate bag just to avoid hassle), Hesperidina, Amargo Obrero, and Pineral.

Back