Summer And Power Outages,how Well Prepared Are We?

Lanata's latest was talking about the overload of the power grid. I know my friend in Palermo has already has power cuts - that's *really* early in the season to be happening.

We have them all the time but that's the joy of life in the pvca. Thank god for our generator.

There was a power problem in Balvanera from Sunday at 5:30pm until Monday at 10:00am, when Edesur finally arrived with a huge generator that is providing power to our area.

There was a power problem in Balvanera from Sunday at 5:30pm until Monday at 10:00am, when Edesur finally arrived with a huge generator that is providing power to our area.

This generator has been running constantly since Monday morning. A neighbor spoke to someone involved in the problem who said it because of the demand. The cables were installed decades ago for the houses in the neighborhood. New apartment buildings have increased the demand for electricity, and the system couldn't handle it -- so it burned the cables. In the meantime, the residents at the corner of Matheu and Chile have to put up with the noise all day and night so that we have power in Balvanera.

Are there any neighborhoods that are particularly bad? I am thinking of moving to Almagro and when I watched Lanata's special on the electricity/infrastructure crisis, one of the areas he visited was Almagro. I guess there is no way to avoid it completely anywhere, but would be good to know if some areas are particularly bad, for instance because of lots of recent construction putting pressure on the system, as JanTango mentions.

Let's all repeat the Argentine national motto..........."There are no consequences"

No pasa nada

All the aspects summarized in this tragedy among others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_Sruk8yzE

The FraVega across the street has a huge generator they wheel out on the street when the power goes out. I just need to get me a long extension cord.

We just drove through Villa Urquiza -- btwn Triunvirato and Constituyentes, La Pampa (at least, if not Ave las Incas) and Monroe they had a total power cut right now -- what is it, 18 degrees out? Not exactly a/c overload time.

Are there any neighborhoods that are particularly bad? I am thinking of moving to Almagro and when I watched Lanata's special on the electricity/infrastructure crisis, one of the areas he visited was Almagro. I guess there is no way to avoid it completely anywhere, but would be good to know if some areas are particularly bad, for instance because of lots of recent construction putting pressure on the system, as JanTango mentions.

live next door to a FpV politician and you'll not be disconnected long.

Back