Summer And Power Outages,how Well Prepared Are We?

Just phoned home as MrsD2BA is at home with a throat infection. You guessed it, the power is out.

Terrific.

Rotating planned electric outages may come back as during 1983-1988 ,

0010490673.JPG

...................which would be political suicide for this 'Alice in wonderland' regime that is never wrong.
So we've just 'celebrated' 30 years of democracy, with some dancing on the bodies of the dead and they're now considering plunging us into a black hole.
Doesn't get any better.

Ours is back on. Luckily we empted and cleaned out the freezer last week, I might switch it off and go with the fridge only until after Xmas. Pointless really...and you run the risk of meat defrosting when you are out and freezing again without you having known there was a cut...and that aint good! In fact I would only order meat (esp. pork or chicken) from somewhere very trustworthy until after Xmas....the exodus starts on the 26th....can't come a day too soon.

As far as fumes goes, that's why I was looking into natural gas generators - it will burn a lot cleaner than gasoline/diesel, and it looks like some people are even using their hookups in the house.

Conversion kits for traditional generators here:

http://servicio.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-470101809-grupos-electrogenosgeneradores-conversion-a-gas-natural-_JM

Ours is back on. Luckily we empted and cleaned out the freezer last week, I might switch it off and go with the fridge only until after Xmas. Pointless really...and you run the risk of meat defrosting when you are out and freezing again without you having known there was a cut...and that aint good! In fact I would only order meat (esp. pork or chicken) from somewhere very trustworthy until after Xmas....the exodus starts on the 26th....can't come a day too soon.

Yup, freezer full of meat bought from mercado central a couple of weeks ago. I amaze myself sometimes.

How quickly do you think we could set up BA Expats Freezer Share?

Yup, freezer full of meat bought from mercado central a couple of weeks ago. I amaze myself sometimes.

How quickly do you think we could set up BA Expats Freezer Share?

Yeah, guess I better start making my way through the 5 kilos of frozen milanesa I bought recently :/

Back