Sunburn Hell's Itch Peppermint Oil

Have you tried aloe vera ? It is not that easy to find bottled,organic etc but the plant is sold in most casas de plantas.

yes tried aloe vera. not much good, the cooling is very temporary.

Yeah david, the pain was bad the first 2 days, but as it receeded and i wasn't blistery i decided to forgo the doctor. I know internet research isn't a replacement for the doctor..
The itch was a new and surprising experience and thankfully has subsided, But was one of the weirdest experiences of my life, still a tingle and a bit annoying but definitely on the mend.. Thanks for the translation, might pick some up just in case, but i dont plan on being an idiot again anytime soon.
I would recommend to others to get the peppermint as soon as they can (i haven't been able to find it yet, but made it through the worst part through equal boughts of mental toughness and periods of shouting for my mommy...). The 8 showers i had yesterday also helped as did the coconut oil.

Thanks everyone.

About essential oils - I don't know Palermo Hollywood but the closest place I can think of that may have it is http://www.farmaciamasnatural.com.ar/ on Luis Maria Campos. Maybe call first - I don't recall them having a very extensive range but I know they have some. I think the range they carry - they have green labels, I don't remember the name - just has one called 'menta'.

You will almost certainly have luck at the first Casa China on Arribeños heading away from Juramento - they carry oils by Beatriz Cosmetics in the little cabinet on the right as you walk in and have a couple of different kinds of mint. The best places that I know here for buying essential oils are closer to the center of town.

For Aloe Vera, I was told that only the ones who are +10 years old produce an effect, and only the one with large "leaves" (not sure how they are called).
Unsure if true or not.

@frenchie I was told the same thing. Small leaves (narrow) are for eating/drinking. Large (wide) is for skin care.
Haven´t heard about the 10 year thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Girino Expat Life 14
TomAtAlki Expat Life 17
camberiu Articles 11
Back