Survey Of Tango Dancers.

The 'relationship' between Argentine Tango and psychoanalysis is that one never needs the latter if he/she does the former regularly and frequently. Most dancers of any authentic dance style that's rooted in a place's social culture know this. Dancing is cheaper AND more fun too.

The 'relationship' between Argentine Tango and psychoanalysis is that one never needs the latter if he/she does the former regularly and frequently. Most dancers of any authentic dance style that's rooted in a place's social culture know this. Dancing is cheaper AND more fun too.

You seem very knowledgeable. You're not interested in participating in this survey?

I know Tango Terpia exists. It's caught on several years ago, but my friend isn't offering tango for export classes disguised as therapy. She's very serious in her research.

I'm not suggesting she's unserious, but it's valid to point out that this sort of thing exists. By the way, this would not be a "for export" floorshow.

While I'm at it, I will note that I initially misidentified the photo as coming from Buenos Aires. It dates from 2007 and, from the area codes, it's either Córdoba or nearby Alta Gracia.

I used to be a psychotherapist. And I've been dancing tango for ten years. I participated in a friends similar research in the US. You can send me a PM.

I used to be a psychotherapist. And I've been dancing tango for ten years. I participated in a friends similar research in the US. You can send me a PM.

Thank you Lacoqueta. I just sent you a PM

If Lexa is fluent in Spanish, she'll find all the psychoanalysts she needs for her thesis research in the milongas, especially among the women.

Graciela H. Lopez, who runs La Milonguita and author of Secrets of a Milonguera is a former psicoanalista.

Dra. Sonia Abadi, who went to the milongas, sang tango, wrote El Bazar de los Abrazos, is a psicoanalista.

Maria Eugenia Cuyas is involved with Tango Terapia and is a pscioterapeuta.

If Lexa is fluent in Spanish, she'll find all the psychoanalysts she needs for her thesis research in the milongas, especially among the women.

Graciela H. Lopez, who runs La Milonguita and author of Secrets of a Milonguera is a former psicoanalista.

Dra. Sonia Abadi, who went to the milongas, sang tango, wrote El Bazar de los Abrazos, is a psicoanalista.

Maria Eugenia Cuyas is involved with Tango Terapia and is a pscioterapeuta.

Unfortunately she only speaks a few words in castellano. That's why I had to translate her consent form and survey to castellano. Thank you for the information. I'll pass it on to her. Would you be interested in doing the survey? Send me a PM. Or email Lexa directly.

Back