Survey Of Tango Dancers.

I think she might want to possibly study the connection as dance used as a therapy. Dance therapy has become quite popular and I think only the last few years it's been used with tango. Maybe she's just studying the connection between those who dance and do therapy at the same time? How many feel the need for therapy if they dance, of the dance substitutes as therapy or as an outlet, or if it complements traditional therapy. It might not seem like there's no connection buy some people dance to blow off steam, others play golf or fish, and others knit scarves and sweaters.

Perhaps she should contact local psicologist who had experience on using tango as a therapy and learn from them.

Perhaps she should contact local psicologist who had experience on using tango as a therapy and learn from them.

She doesn't need to learn from another psychologist while she's visiting. Her thesis includes her conducting surveys of people who dance tango, and have done therapy as well. It's pretty simple, just 20 questions. I did the survey as it took me only five minutes. I guess the idea is the more surveys she has collected, the more information she has to base her theory on.

If Lexa is fluent in Spanish, she'll find all the psychoanalysts she needs for her thesis research in the milongas, especially among the women.

Graciela H. Lopez, who runs La Milonguita and author of Secrets of a Milonguera is a former psicoanalista.

Dra. Sonia Abadi, who went to the milongas, sang tango, wrote El Bazar de los Abrazos, is a psicoanalista.

Maria Eugenia Cuyas is involved with Tango Terapia and is a pscioterapeuta.

She sent an email to both Graciela and Maria Eugenia, and Graciela already responded and said she'll spread the word. Thank you for the recommendation.

My tango dancing/psychoanalyst friend had a lot of success during here stay in Buenos Aires. She did a lot of work at el Instituto la Borda where they give tango classes to schizophrenic patients as a form of group therapy. She's back in NYC but still needs more surveys. If anyone would be so kind as to take twenty minutes out of your time to fill it out, it would be more than appreciated. Someone asked in the forum why she doesn't speak Spanish before coming to Argentina. She reads books by Argentine authors in castellano and she takes weekly private Spanish lessons, but she's not bilingual, but she's trying.

Hola Milongueros:
Soy una bailarina de tango, también, soy una candidata graduada de la Universidad de Posgrado de Nueva York de Psicoanálisis (New York Graduate School of Psicoanálisis) y estoy investigando la relación entre el tango argentino y el psicoanálisis para mi tesis, el cual estoy terminando.
Busco bailarines de tango a participar en una encuesta relacionada con la investigación de mi tesis de maestría. Necesito que dos grupos distintos responden a una encuesta que consiste en veinte preguntas que yo los enviaré por correo electrónico:
A) Bailarines de tango que han hecho algún tipo de terapia de conversación.
B) Bailarines de tango argentino quienes son psicoanalistas.
Si está interesado en participar, por favor, envía un mail a [email protected] y escriba “SURVEY” en el sujeto. No dude en reenviar este mensaje a dile a sus amigos. Busco un mínimo de cien participantes de la comunidad internacional de tango si no más. La identidad de todos será protegida y los resultados de esta investigación se publicaran de forma anónima. Le agradezco de antemano por su ayuda en la investigación de mi tesis. gracias - Lexa Roséan

Back