Swedish Tourist Shot in San Telmo His Leg Amputated

4 surgeries mean the first surgery was a botch-up!

Do you have information about the injury that leads you to this conclusion? Or any information about the doctors? Or the purpose or results of the 4 surgeries?

I seem to remember advising a tourist on here a month or so ago that San Telmo is not the best area to live in, due to stories I've heard from my Argentinian girlfriend. Someone was shooting down my claims saying it's completely safe. Pure nonsense.

I agree 100% with what you say. What shocks me and puzzles me here and also on other expat BA forums - every once in a while some expat will claim to be living here for 10 or 15 or 20 years and will give some really shocking advice on the reespective board, which will usually be contrary to my personal experience based here on actual 10 years of living in BA. eg the San Telmo example is a classic one. Every time I have been to San Telmo in night hours, it looks threatening plus I know 5/6 cases in 10 years where bad things happened to ppl in that neigborhood. But even then, I often hear some expat claiming to be living here for 10/15/20/40 years and saying that San Telmo is 100% safe.

My conclusion is one must take advice on expat forums AYOR.

Do you have information about the injury that leads you to this conclusion? Or any information about the doctors? Or the purpose or results of the 4 surgeries?
He was shot in the thigh and the artery was damaged, as posited in another post. The dad says that he slapped away the gun “on instinct”.
All according to an interview in Aftonbladet.
Swedish people are not used to being in danger and might not react as well as they should in a stressful situation.

Indeed Sweden is getting eaten alive right now by Muslim Invaders. Una lástima.
As for the incident in question , pawing at the gun half heartily is the worst thing you can do, either authoritatively grab it if you're trained to do that or comply fully

Very sad story. Sorry for him.
Never walk in San Telmo late at night, always give the cell or wallet, do not reach out for the gun, not worth it.
I never like San Telmo, people think it's a cute place, it's very s**ty at night.
I am only comfortable to walk at 3am at the best part of Recoleta and Palermo, and if someone tries to rob me with a gun,
I give everything. I do not carry my passport and important IDs with me. Only little cash and 1 credit card, when I walk
around late at night, I just give it away, no big deal. For the past 10+ years, I walked in Recoleta at crazy hours, when there was no
one on the streets, I have never had any problems.

] I do not carry my passport and important IDs with me. Only little cash and 1 credit card.

Most of life in BA, believe it or not..I never carried my DNI or any id or credit or debit card. just pesos equivalent of 50 usd.

However, in recent 1 yr, I have started traveling inside BA with 1 credit card and dni. I wonder if its a wise move.

Most of life in BA, believe it or not..I never carried my DNI or any id or credit or debit card. just pesos equivalent of 50 usd.

However, in recent 1 yr, I have started traveling inside BA with 1 credit card and dni. I wonder if its a wise move.

Not sure I get your point. If you have no DNI you at least need your health insurance card. The health insurance card would be a way the police could find out who you are and where you live.

Not sure I get your point. If you have no DNI you at least need your health insurance card. The health insurance card would be a way the police could find out who you are and where you live.

Carry Photocopies of ID, plus one set of wallet /money to hand out to robbers and another set of cash and CC in your shoe or underwear...!:rolleyes:

Back