Swedish Tourist Shot in San Telmo His Leg Amputated

Do you have information about the injury that leads you to this conclusion? Or any information about the doctors? Or the purpose or results of the 4 surgeries?

Different pieces of news have varied descriptions of the injury. All agree the femoral vein was damaged. All the surgeries tried unsuccessfully to bypass and/or repair the Artery . The Leg had to be amputated below the knee.
For a detailed Medical Report contact Hospital Argerich.

Not sure I get your point. If you have no DNI you at least need your health insurance card. The health insurance card would be a way the police could find out who you are and where you live.

I used to carry a notarizedcopy of my dni ( now I remember) and my osde card!

Now ( since last 12 months) I carry original dni ( i believe its v easy to get a new one now days - if lost) ; my credit card ( also easy to get a new one these days) plus my osde card ( also easy to get a new one these days plus 50 usd of pesos in cash

Malmo in Sweden is on the list of most violent cities in the world. Because of the more and more frequent gang rapes on Swedish festivals, the first women music festival was held in Gothenburg last year. In Copenhagen center(Denmark) half an hour from Malmo, polishelikopters were in the air all last year, because of the gang wars. Twenty people in the neighbourhood, were I stayed, were shot dead in one year and ten of them had nothing to do with the gang wars. Just being on the wrong place, the wrong time.

When I am here, I live in San Telmo. I bike home from milongas late at night almost every night and have experienced nothing violent what so ever. I feel much safer here than in Scandinavia. I can understand that the economic crise makes people angry. I feel very sad about the Swedish tourist, but I am also amazed that Argentinians do coop with the situation so quietly in general.

The BA Herald reports the incident occurred at the intersection of Tacuari and Venezuela, which they characterize as Monserrat. I had always thought that area was San Telmo, but maybe not. At any rate, I used to live not far from there, and its not the best area.

A balcony, this morning, fell over some passersby in Recoleta (Guido bet Callao and Rodriguez Peña) What is more likely in BA to be shot by a motochorro , or to get crushed by Balcony debris?

Some Afterthoughts and lessons to be Learned from this regrettable incident:
  1. Is it safe for a tourist couple to walk at midnight in San Telmo, or should grab an Uber?
  2. Should tourists walk distracted looking at an exposed Cell Phone ?
  3. If threatened at gun point by a robber should one grab the hand and lower the revolver?
  4. The robber as shown on TV, when he approached the couple, Was his intention to shoot /kill?

Some Afterthoughts and lessons to be Learned from this regrettable incident:
  1. Is it safe for a tourist couple to walk at midnight in San Telmo, or should grab an Uber?
  2. Should tourists walk distracted looking at an exposed Cell Phone ?
  3. If threatened at gun point by a robber should one grab the hand and lower the revolver?
  4. The robber as shown on TV, when he approached the couple, Was his intention to shoot /kill?
Why the hell does it matter what the hdrpm's intentions were? He shot and the victim list part of his leg.

Why the hell does it matter what the hdrpm's intentions were? He shot and the victim list part of his leg.

My remarks were about many unsafe actions taken by tourists in BA..

Avoid walking around at midnight, Avoid flashing a cell phone on the street at night, never wrestle with the assailants weapon. Surrender your valuables promptly.

It was mentioned that when the tourist pushed the robbers loaded arm downwards the trigger was pulled accidentally, without being purposely pulled by the robber? Hence the bullet traveled in a downwards trajectory to hit him on the right thigh. This fact doesn't make the robber lest guilty of the outcome.

Back