Syrian Refugees In Uruguay

Wouldn't you think this puts us here in a super privileged position? Argentina is NOT likely to become a target for these "refugees", forget that. Thanks God. In the years to come, Argentina is bound to receive many more refugees from Europe. The everyday Europeans who are not into sharia and enjoy good alcohol at Argentinian price. We will be in a good company. Which might be a sign of being blessed staying where we are, at this particular point in history.

Having lived in the Middle East (mostly in places run according to Sharia) most of my life I am surprised ANYONE would be into it, let alone Europeans. But yes, we are lucky we had Mama Kirchner instead of Mama Merkel. Although, other than the BS that is Sharia, we apparently didn't need foreigners to run this country into the ground.

Wouldn't you think this puts us here in a super privileged position? Argentina is NOT likely to become a target for these "refugees", forget that. Thanks God. In the years to come, Argentina is bound to receive many more refugees from Europe. The everyday Europeans who are not into sharia and enjoy good alcohol at Argentinian price. We will be in a good company. Which might be a sign of being blessed staying where we are, at this particular point in history.

Yup, there are some greedy opportunistic people pretending to be refugees and some actual refugees that aren't grateful, just like you will encounter
everywhere, from every crisis past, present, and future.

But facts and history be damned, if you have an agenda then a crisis such as this is a great way to rile up support and fear monger while proudly claiming
to simply be concerned about the well being of your country.

You know, it's funny, if memory serves me correctly there was a man, President Jorge Batlle of Uruguay to be exact, made a similar outrageous, sweeping, unfounded generalization based on his frustration of dealing with some unsavory people from a Argentina. His response, I suppose you all would consider
appropriate and not ludicrously offensive was as follows: "¡Una manga de ladrones del primero al último! ¿Entiende?" (for the record I think it was a terrible
and disgusting thing to say).

But hey, sweeping generalizations are okay for you as long as they align with your worldview, right?

@ARbound

When Hungary closed the borders, came vawe of refugees to Slovenia. First day came around 1300 people. First they couldn't wait to be registered, most just refused that. When police made some order, bunch of media was reporting about repression against poor people. And all police was doing was respecting the laws.

At the end they all came in, registered. Out of the number around 500 were Syrians, the rest Pakistani, Iraqi and other nationalities. Only 3 of them requested asylum in Slovenia (schengen regulation demands you have to request asylum in first eu country).

So, what is this generalisation you are speaking about? What will happen to Sweden, when they'll get refugees amounting to 20% of their population? It's easy to be smart from Americas, where governments nicely choose, who will migrate...

It seems like the press focuses on the humanitarian aspects. Don't they notice that 95% of these immigrants are young men?

Back