Tawiwanese Overstay By A Lot 

sab15

Registered
[background=transparent]
Hi all,[/background]

[background=transparent]
I have read a lot of posts on overstaying and I've seen even in cases of many months or more than a year people just pay the fine, which I believe is still 400 peso.[/background]

[background=transparent]
I am writing now because my Taiwanese girlfriend is concerned about what to expect at the airport. She has a real visa which was applied for in Taiwan. Not a regular stamp like people from the US or Europe get.[/background]

[background=transparent]
Is there anyone on the forum who had a real visa and they overstayed a lot?[/background]

[background=transparent]
What was the experience at the airport?  Did they give you a harder time than other people?[/background]

[background=transparent]
Lastly, is it still 400 pesos?[/background]

[background=transparent]
Right now she is about 9 months overstayed and may be staying another few months.Maybe more than a year.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Thank you all very much in advance.[/background]

[background=transparent]
Regards,[/background]

[background=transparent]
SAB15[/background]

When she is leaving, they will enter her details in the computer and probabily never allowed to return to the country.

When she goes to apply for a visa, she wont get a visa again.

Overstaying fine, would be same for her like for others.

Period of overstay - 1 day // 1 year// 10 years is irrelevant!

Get her pregnant TODAY!!!!

o_0 I think the leaving and not getting back is part of the master plan no?
Ceviche has displayed his playa' ways quite often... this sounds like an escape plan ;)

Ceviche has displayed his playa' ways

I don't know what that means.

But I am giving dude the exact legal implications of 'overstay on visa' to his Taiwanese passport holding gf, which people holding North American/ West European/Australian Kiwi passports have no idea about & will probably never experience in their lifetime.

Does Argie custom has sophisticated computer to figure it out ? What if she change to a different passport, still has the same name.

Does Argie custom has sophisticated computer to figure it out ? What if she change to a different passport, still has the same name.

these are the perils of the visa system. Any default is reported to the embassy in the home country of the applicant and then you are blacklisted. Many countries when issuing a new passport do input the number of the last passport + its not always common for a person of same name/surname to be applying for the visa in the same embassy.

One can get lucky but not usually.

Well, they scan your fingers...

Thank you for adding that to this thread as well as the other one. Why do people think if you change passports the immigrations officers are not going to notice? You might as well put on a wig and some sun glasses, like 12 Monkeys. Everything is done digitally now days. Our governments know where we are and for how long we've been traveling. There's no big mystery. It's the digital age now.

Back