Teeth Cleaning? Common Here?

I called to make a cleaning appointment with Dr Pelcman and they quoted me $800 AR Pesos for consult & cleaning. I think I'll just wait til we head back to the states for that price!

I called to make a cleaning appointment with Dr Pelcman and they quoted me $800 AR Pesos for consult & cleaning. I think I'll just wait til we head back to the states for that price!
It is not expensive at all and they are great dentists

It is not expensive at all and they are great dentists

Maybe that's expensive for a dental cleaning: I'm not sure what the going rate is these days. But sometimes it pays to go with a reputable doctor. A doctor from my health insurance destroyed my tooth during a root canal and scraped the bone and it got infected. I ended up needing a post and crown put in that cost me $8,000 pesos. I had to have another root canal done last week and paid Dr. Pelcman's fee. It was worth it. His son made the hole so tiny that he was able to conserve the tooth and he constantly took x-rays to make sure he knew how deep he was digging. I can't say enough about the Pelcman family.

Maybe that's expensive for a dental cleaning: I'm not sure what the going rate is these days. But sometimes it pays to go with a reputable doctor. A doctor from my health insurance destroyed my tooth during a root canal and scraped the bone and it got infected. I ended up needing a post and crown put in that cost me $8,000 pesos. I had to have another root canal done last week and paid Dr. Pelcman's fee. It was worth it. His son made the hole so tiny that he was able to conserve the tooth and he constantly took x-rays to make sure he knew how deep he was digging. I can't say enough about the Pelcman family.
There are one of the best friends of my parents from decades,I know martin since he was almost a baby,there are also very good profesionals

Um you can get your teeth cleaned for like US$ 60 in the US? When I left 6 years ago it was over $100!

Maybe they pay at the official rate, so 800 ARS = 93 USD.

Anyway in Italy last year it cost about USD100. Or you can do it for free at the hospital, you just have to be patient.

Pelcman - father and son are not the cheapest... maybe some of the more expensive in town.. but they speak english and the place is clean and doesnt look like they are using equipment from 1950..... but you get what you pay for...
I got my implant there,, very happy with both of them.... i would go and pay 800 pesos for a cleaning any day.......

Pelcman - father and son are not the cheapest... maybe some of the more expensive in town.. but they speak english and the place is clean and doesnt look like they are using equipment from 1950..... but you get what you pay for...
I got my implant there,, very happy with both of them.... i would go and pay 800 pesos for a cleaning any day.......

You have to keep in mind that the Pelcman family may possibly charge more becauae they have all the best and latest equipment which is imported and quite expensive. They have a lab in their office where they can color your crown while you wait instead of sending it away to a laboratory. $800 pesos is only around $58 US. I don't think that's outrageous. However, paying $600 pesos for a shirt is ridiculous.

You have to keep in mind that the Pelcman family may possibly charge more becauae they have all the best and latest equipment which is imported and quite expensive. They have a lab in their office where they can color your crown while you wait instead of sending it away to a laboratory. $800 pesos is only around $58 US. I don't think that's outrageous. However, paying $600 pesos for a shirt is ridiculous.
It depends on what you value,you see people here,paying hundreds of pesos for a fancy meal,thinking is good value,to each its own

It depends on what you value,you see people here,paying hundreds of pesos for a fancy meal,thinking is good value,to each its own

I value my health, and that includes my teeth. However, you'll see people that make only $5,000 pesos per month and buy a $3,000 cell phone. No common sense.

Back