Thank You Moyano. I Needed The Exercise.

In case of Toilet Paper shortage download this Android application Toilet Paper GPS Locator sources...!! Developed in Venezuela...! Also handy for flour and other products. Iphone version under development,,!!

http://america.infob...papel-higienico

183590.jpg

183589.jpg

I haven't seen any shortages. However, the supermarket's inability to restock shelves I've seen.... since I came to Argentina.

The other night there was an economist on "678" talking about this stuff. He essentially said the same thing, but ruined his credibility when he said that he hadn't been in a supermarket for a long time. :rolleyes:

How do you judge whether a supermarket has shortages or is simply holding stock back so as not to sell at a frozen price?

Genuine question, without reference to 678's non super market shopper.

How do you judge whether a supermarket has shortages or is simply holding stock back so as not to sell at a frozen price?

that they did in 1989 with the hyperinflation

Because when you go back you find that they have it out? If only I reported all of the "shortages" I've seen in the past few months...

Macritas Tortilla Chips, Cat Litter, Pringles, Santa Julia wine, Benjamin Syrah, Nescafe Gold...

(All of which are back on the shelves)

I go to the supermarket nearly every day, and I've not seen "shortages." (I'll look for the flour next time I go, just to report back) It's my experience. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but I have not seen them.

In fairness I haven´t really noticed any shortages, i buy beef from the butcher, pork and chicken from a local market every sat morning and veg from the same. I only buy household cleaning and whatever packaged goods we need from the supermarket.

I haven't experienced much of an issue, but perhaps the effects are clearer in the provinces and or outside of Belgrano, Nunez, Palermo where we shop. Possibly so.

we went to Jumbo this Wednesday and there was Philadelphia cream cheese again! But still no Heinz ketchup... woomp womp

Because when you go back you find that they have it out? If only I reported all of the "shortages" I've seen in the past few months...

Macritas Tortilla Chips, Cat Litter, Pringles, Santa Julia wine, Benjamin Syrah, Nescafe Gold...

(All of which are back on the shelves)

I go to the supermarket nearly every day, and I've not seen "shortages." (I'll look for the flour next time I go, just to report back) It's my experience. I'm not saying that they don't exist, but I have not seen them.

There no natural orange juice at my carrefour for ages during the last price freeze. I must say I havent noticed anything else.

Plenty of stock shortages being reported with Morenos latest price freeze though. Saw an article in La Gaceta (Tucumán) the other day.

I've not noticed much, I just put it down to the usual disorganisation and general lack of choice in supermarkets here. Its just normal that some stock runs out and doesn't get replaced in a few places.

One night I couldn't find and broccoli in barrio norte.

Heinz ketchup available at Disco on Quintana along with Prego tomato sauce in jars. But forget about Brownie mix.

Back