That's Some Mighty Fine Police Work.

Another incident on the Panamericana. Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-kyFFD7-Ok

Wasn't it arrogance on the part of the police to be crossing a major highway at other than an intersection in the first place? It certainly did not look like an emergency situation. They could have crossed at an intersection with the lights like everyone else. Or at least have crossed at an intersection.

Bob

I spoke to an argentine friend and he said that some there were some drivers who were blocking the road (or at least driving well below the 50km minimum limit) as an act of protest because their factory had been closed down, hence the polices presence actually on the highway trying to resolve the issue.

In fact he said that the driver in the video (whose windscreen was broken) was one of those (ex) factory workers. This might explain his actions a bit.

I wonder what the police were even doing there in the first place.

Assuming it's by Donnelly, which I'm pretty sure it is, they have been cutting off the panamericana and the collector roads for a few weeks. Used to be it only took my husband about 25 mins to work, now often an hour as the only way out is often via the Bancalari (Nordelta)

Wow, a_ jay~walking Argentinean style at its best and commited by Gendarmarie of Argentina's finest !

I spoke to an argentine friend and he said that some there were some drivers who were blocking the road (or at least driving well below the 50km minimum limit) as an act of protest because their factory had been closed down, hence the polices presence actually on the highway trying to resolve the issue.

In fact he said that the driver in the video (whose windscreen was broken) was one of those (ex) factory workers. This might explain his actions a bit.

This in fact is correct. He was participating in a protest by driving very slowly down the Panamericana highway. They have been doing this daily. The policeman may not have exhibited the best intelligence , but he was doing his job , and arresting a protester. Hence the protesters and woman in the cars arrogance. The employees protesting work at the auto supply company Lear in Pacheco.

This in fact is correct. He was participating in a protest by driving very slowly down the Panamericana highway. They have been doing this daily. The policeman may not have exhibited the best intelligence , but he was doing his job , and arresting a protester. Hence the protesters and woman in the cars arrogance. The employees protesting work at the auto supply company Lear in Pacheco.
A cop arresting a protester - doing his job.
Jumping on his car and breaking his window and pretending to be knocked to the ground - not
One lesson we can apply to all these cop videos - they usually start when the cop reacts to something but seldom show the provocation.
Question - how can you tell when an Argie driver is driving like an idiot as a protest?

Some more fine police work.

http://tn.com.ar/economia/golpe-directo-para-bajar-al-dolar-blue-allanan-cuevas-en-florida_530024 :rolleyes:

Back