The Case For President Sergio Massa

I don't want to see the change for the worse, even if it will be systemic. I also have little trust in people who promise to blow up something with dynamite. But that's just me.
This is a fine, even admirable sentiment, but I think the country is sliding into monetary collapse EVEN WITH IMF support, which I don't think can or will continue.

This is a fine, even admirable sentiment, but I think the country is sliding into monetary collapse EVEN WITH IMF support, which I don't think can or will continue.
As long as I can remember, Argentina has always been sliding toward monetary collapse. The question is whether this happens in a controllable manner or an uncontrollable one.

I'd say screw ex-pats if all they care about is a cheap steak. It does no good everything around them is burning and people are so desperate. Desperate people do bad things.

Many ex-pats contribute very little to local society. They don't pay taxes, don't want to get DNI, etc. Anyone that truly loves Argentina wants to see systemic change and Milei is the best route towards that.
I don't want to see the change for the worse, even if it will be systemic. I also have little trust in people who promise to blow up something with dynamite. But that's just me.
I'm 100% confident in saying the expats will be fine regardless of the outcome.

Like Lunar, I love Argentina, but I don't want change just for change's sake, especially if it will be for the worse, and I say this as
someone who isn't an expat, but a naturalizing citizen.

That being said, I don't support Massa because he's the definition of insanity. Nothing will get better with him, and it will be Alberto's
second term if he wins. Acknowledging this doesn't mean one has to automatically vote for/support Milei or Bullrich, especially when
they have their own problems that should also make them unelectable, but I accept that many people refuse to vote en blanco, and
instead will vote for someone who isn't Massa because things have to change. All I can say to these people is be careful what you
wish for, you might just get it.

Massa does not have an ideology. He is there, because he wants to be in power. Such people are dangerous as well. He will do what is best for him, not what is best for the country.
Massa comes from UCEDE, the traditional liberal party. This is why he was choosen. Milei is to crazy while Bullrich was a terrorist. At the end he has great chances to win because he is the lesser evil.

I'd say screw ex-pats if all they care about is a cheap steak. It does no good everything around them is burning and people are so desperate. Desperate people do bad things.

Many ex-pats contribute very little to local society. They don't pay taxes, don't want to get DNI, etc. Anyone that truly loves Argentina wants to see systemic change and Milei is the best route towards that.
Hold on, let's not go too far with this tax business. Expat consumption alone is helpful, to say nothing of that fact that so many of you are economic engines for the country, encouraging visitors.

Hold on, let's not go too far with this tax business. Expat consumption alone is helpful, to say nothing of that fact that so many of you are economic engines for the country, encouraging visitors.
Oh absolutely I'm not saying Ex-pats don't contribute and help out with spending. I guess my only point is that overall I think they get more then they give. If you know what I mean. Argentina is a wonderful place for them. Life in the USA is pretty shitty without spending a small fortune.

Oh absolutely I'm not saying Ex-pats don't contribute and help out with spending. I guess my only point is that overall I think they get more then they give. If you know what I mean. Argentina is a wonderful place for them. Life in the USA is pretty shitty without spending a small fortune.
I agree that expats get more than they give. If they gave more than they got, they'd go some place else. And the choices for expats aren't simply here or back home...many countries to choose from.

Flip the table around. Argentina benefits from expats. The get more than they give as well. Expats, just as tourists and exports to overseas customers all bring money into the national economy from elsewhere.

Money into the system benefits Argentina.

If it wasn't a win/win relationship...it would be happening.

Definitely I agree with you it's a win/win. Buenos Aires is THE best city in the world for digital nomads and expats. No question at all. I've been to over 500+ cities around the world and counting. There is no place like Argentina. God bless Argentina.

Many ex-pats contribute very little to local society.

We bring our money here and spend it. That looks like contributing to me.

Back