The Country Of Wasted Opportunities

Excellent as usual from Mr Neilson.
About all I read of that rag along with Mr Cox.
I also advise you to regularly follow the opinion section of Infobae.com (in Spanish however). I usually find them less repetitive than La Nación and other newspapers, and they often include themes about the wider continent, too. I also like the occasional writings by Fontevecchia of Perfil, the most trustworthy publication of the country.

Gringoboy, I agree 100% re Neilson's editorials. He pulls no punches, thankfully.

Gringoboy, I agree 100% re Neilson's editorials. He pulls no punches, thankfully.

Not one of Neilson's best, in my opinion. After the initial point about the "lost decade," which is a valid one, he seemed to be on automatic pilot.

Not one of Neilson's best, in my opinion. After the initial point about the "lost decade," which is a valid one, he seemed to be on automatic pilot.

It is not his best but definitely one where I think he was trying to reach something more seminal. As I read on, it was not really about the lost decade and I believe he was trying to uncover the gut of Argentina's rot or greatness (depending on your view). I do like his thesis on the causal factors that led up to the current ideology that Argentina has to invent its own economic model to break out of the rut....

Back