The Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire from SSA arrived yesterday by way of local mail.

Correo Argentino told me "it could not be sent to a P.O.Box as registered mail/return receipt requested
requires a signature at the receiving end. So I sent it as a "carta simple internacional".
Probably, it is an optional return receipt that requires signature. Without it, the mail can still be tracked online, but you won't receive a paper notification with the signature.

Probably, it is an optional return receipt that requires signature. Without it, the mail can still be tracked online, but you won't receive a paper notification with the signature.
If it is as you say, I hope others post confirmation that they were successful in tracking it online.

Is this the mailing address on the envelope enclosed?
SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
PO BOX 7162, Wilkes Barre PA, 18767-7162, USA

International registered/certified mail cannot be sent to a P.O. Box.
Just for the record today I was able to ship my SSA "proof of life" form back by way of local mail.
I sent it First Class Certified mail. I got a Track and Trace number to follow it.
You have 60 days from day of arrival to mail it back.

Just for the record today I was able to ship my SSA "proof of life" form back by way of local mail.
I sent it First Class Certified mail. I got a Track and Trace number to follow it.
You have 60 days from day of arrival to mail it back.
What did they call it in Castellano, DB? So we know what to ask for...

Certificado, Primera Clase. It cost $4.100 pesos.
Heya DB

Did you ever get confirmation that your form had arrived? I procrastinated some and only got mine mailed last week.
Going to Correo Argentino was an amusing experience. I waited nearly half an hour for my turn at the window, but once I got there, I was done and I was out the door in two minutes.

While I was waiting, a lady came in and informed uis that the machine which prints out your turn number as you arrive had RUN OUT OF PAPER! This required all three working clerks to stop what they were doing to discuss this shocking and terrible event. Then a manager was summoned. He arrived looking like his afternoon nap had been disturbed, and visibly annoyed by the summons. But, of course, his attitude changed when he was informed of the seriousness of the crisis. Now looking and sounding deeply concerned by this obvious threat to democracy in Argentina, he summoned a fifth individual who at once undertook the arduous, demanding, and highly technical task of actually putting a fresh roll of paper in the machine. Once this was accomplished, there ensued a round of mutual congratulations among the relevant personnel, who clearly had averted the most deadly threat to La Patria since the British invasion of Buenos Aires. And then, eventually, the manager went back upstairs to resume his nap, and the tellers happily returned to serving customers.

Heya DB

Did you ever get confirmation that your form had arrived? I procrastinated some and only got mine mailed last week.
Going to Correo Argentino was an amusing experience. I waited nearly half an hour for my turn at the window, but once I got there, I was done and I was out the door in two minutes.

While I was waiting, a lady came in and informed uis that the machine which prints out your turn number as you arrive had RUN OUT OF PAPER! This required all three working clerks to stop what they were doing to discuss this shocking and terrible event. Then a manager was summoned. He arrived looking like his afternoon nap had been disturbed, and visibly annoyed by the summons. But, of course, his attitude changed when he was informed of the seriousness of the crisis. Now looking and sounding deeply concerned by this obvious threat to democracy in Argentina, he summoned a fifth individual who at once undertook the arduous, demanding, and highly technical task of actually putting a fresh roll of paper in the machine. Once this was accomplished, there ensued a round of mutual congratulations among the relevant personnel, who clearly had averted the most deadly threat to La Patria since the British invasion of Buenos Aires. And then, eventually, the manager went back upstairs to resume his nap, and the tellers happily returned to serving customers.
I have to assume it has arrived, but will look for the paperwork to do a track and trace.

If it is as you say, I hope others post confirmation that they were successful in tracking it online.
I was also advised in the past by Correo Argentino, that a Certificado Primera clase can't be sent to a PO. Box?. When I did use the Certificado Primera Clase. I was able to track the letter until it was delivered to the US Postal Service, then it receives a new ID number needed for tracking..! So that was the end of the tracking

I'm still paying, not yet receiving, but the day isn't too far away, & have a possibly stupid ? How do you get the funds? Electronically to a US bank account? Old school thinking envisions a check in the mail, which seems a bit sketch living in Arg...

Back