The Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire from SSA arrived yesterday by way of local mail.

I'm still paying, not yet receiving, but the day isn't too far away, & have a possibly stupid ? How do you get the funds? Electronically to a US bank account? Old school thinking envisions a check in the mail, which seems a bit sketch living in Arg...
Yep, electronically to a US account. Easy.

I'm still paying, not yet receiving, but the day isn't too far away, & have a possibly stupid ? How do you get the funds? Electronically to a US bank account? Old school thinking envisions a check in the mail, which seems a bit sketch living in Arg...
Oh hell, no! When was the last time you saw a paper check?
Direct deposit to your/my checking account. Easy-peasy lemon squeezie.
Hmm, speaking of which, here's your inappropriate meme for the day...

Lemon_Squeezie.jpeg

Oh hell, no! When was the last time you saw a paper check?
Direct deposit to your/my checking account. Easy-peasy lemon squeezie.
Hmm, speaking of which, here's your inappropriate meme for the day...

Yeah, I guess I’m old school that way! Went to the US embassy to renew my son’s passport a couple weeks ago. When it was time to pay I pulled out my checkbook…. I got a funny look from the gal behind the window, she said, “uh we don’t take those here!”

Heya DB

Did you ever get confirmation that your form had arrived? I procrastinated some and only got mine mailed last week.
Going to Correo Argentino was an amusing experience. I waited nearly half an hour for my turn at the window, but once I got there, I was done and I was out the door in two minutes.

While I was waiting, a lady came in and informed uis that the machine which prints out your turn number as you arrive had RUN OUT OF PAPER! This required all three working clerks to stop what they were doing to discuss this shocking and terrible event. Then a manager was summoned. He arrived looking like his afternoon nap had been disturbed, and visibly annoyed by the summons. But, of course, his attitude changed when he was informed of the seriousness of the crisis. Now looking and sounding deeply concerned by this obvious threat to democracy in Argentina, he summoned a fifth individual who at once undertook the arduous, demanding, and highly technical task of actually putting a fresh roll of paper in the machine. Once this was accomplished, there ensued a round of mutual congratulations among the relevant personnel, who clearly had averted the most deadly threat to La Patria since the British invasion of Buenos Aires. And then, eventually, the manager went back upstairs to resume his nap, and the tellers happily returned to serving customers.
LMAO

OK here is my two cents worth, which I believe has now increased to 12 Pesos.

I had to send a check, yup a good ole check from my Credit Union, to the State of Massachusetts because I %$^'d up my taxes.
Oh well.
I sent this via Certified mail, once again no International carrier would deliver to a P.O.Box.
Certificada Internacional Saliente
I got a tracking number and once it made it to the USA the USPS took over.
The same tracking number was used.
You may follow the results.
I will add that I sent this letter on June 15th, it took almost two weeks for the
Correo to get it from the office on Corrientes to be in the system Internationally.

RR679546383AR

No final resolution is shown on this but as a prudent person that I am,
I check my checking account and
BAM!!! check was cashed, problem solved.

Back