The Misuse Of Cadena Nacional

Last night, while watching the O'Reilly Factor (Cablevision channel 552), he read an email from a "K.P" on Buenos Aires. I'm sure that many Dumbe-ocrats watch Fox News and I don't know K.P. However, now I feel that I'm not the only EEUU Conservative in BA. I'd love to meet others. Brits, need not apply. Come out of the closets, Conervatives.
From the safety of his bunker, the Hermit of the Pampas takes comfort in both Fox and Trump.
Fox Watchers probably outnumber MSNBC watchers in this forum

To me, it's all semantics. Who cares? You wouldn't even be talking about it if Clarín didn't have a problem with it.

I think this is a major problem in general here: who cares what a law says...
And you are wrong about the second part - when I saw my first cadena nacional in TV here, I thought 'wtf, the president uses a TV speech forced to be shown on all channels to show off with a dog and a toy penguin and talk about her private life?'. And I don't remember that this was a big news topic at this time, at least I haven't read about it back then.

How do you get you dose of sedative, er I mean soccer?

Admittedly, soccer is more effective than Ambien, but I have no problem getting to sleep after the last pitch of the night has been thrown via streaming http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/

Yes, it is a private company, and so what? Comcast is in bed with the Democratic party, and everyone knows it.

When Cristina, Néstor and Clarín Group were all in the same bed, no one even mentioned the cadena nacional. They didn't have to because Clarín Group ran a 24/7 cadena nacional as long as the government did as they were told. How convenient that the first mention of it comes up in June 2008...

2qdyhhh.png

I am guessing I don't have to remind folks what happened then...

Someone graph the number of Cardenas there has been against this. I can't be arsed but I'm betting they match up pretty well.

Nestor used two. Christina has used :
From 2009 to May 2015, there have been 119 cadenas nacionales in Argentina, including 17 in the first five months of 2015.

Presidential addresses to the country are unusual in the US; commercial networks are under obligation to carry them, and they rarely do. The closest thing to a Cadena Nacional is http://www.c-span.org, which is distinctly non-partisan - it covers the White House, Congress and many other topics, and even lets Donald Trump bloviate at length.

Meanwhile, here's the format for the upcoming Republican debates on Fox (a fully-funded arm of the Republican party): http://tinyurl.com/pbh4ljx

I think this is a major problem in general here: who cares what a law says...
And you are wrong about the second part - when I saw my first cadena nacional in TV here, I thought 'wtf, the president uses a TV speech forced to be shown on all channels to show off with a dog and a toy penguin and talk about her private life?'. And I don't remember that this was a big news topic at this time, at least I haven't read about it back then.

The law can be twisted to fit the needs of whoever is in power. This happens all over the world, and Argentina is no different. That doesn't make it right, but it is reality. The Ks regard the dominance of the (opposition) media as an institutional threat. It's not necessarily my opinion, but it's what they believe. Given the amount of lies published by the major media outlets here, they could probably make a pretty decent case for it. I'd rather her use the cadena nacional than set a nasty precedent of going after journalists...

Secondly -- and I think the advice has been given before -- if you don't like it, just turn it off. No one is forcing you to watch it; but if you wish to have a broad perspective of the issues in Argentina, this is not very wise in my opinion.

As for me, I am not paid by any government, but life experiences have made it a personal mission of mine to sift through all of the so-called "journalism" we see in media today in order to best understand certain issues. It is no secret that Clarín Group and La Nación set the agenda in this country, and Clarín Group (at least) consistently misinforms people in this country and abroad. (Edited to add: The government media lies far less because it spends all of its time responding to the obvious lies put forth by Clarín Group et al. This is ironic given how much they rail against Clarín's dominance. It's also convenient because they don't have to do any "real" reporting.) So, I am not on this forum to insult someone for his/her opinion. I am more interested in a civil discussion and understanding these issues to their core.

Finally, no one should trust what I write. You should ask your own questions, do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Expat Life 67
Back