The new and improved baexpats.org website!

Thanks, Steve

It is quite usable from mobile phones now. And for many people smartphones have effectively replaced PCs and notebooks.

Attachments

• main.png
    main.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 8
  • edit.png
    edit.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 7
  • menu.png
    menu.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 6
Dumbest question Before when you opened a thread it would go to the first unread message...? Now it goes to the first message on the thread?? Just saying.

My Profile Image disappeared? Now its a capital R

I like it. And it seems to post video links properly. Great job.

Congrats to the admin on what must have been a heck of a hard job.

Even the avatars and signatures transferred. This was big surgery and seems to have been flawless.

The good: in many ways clearer, works better from mobile, and above all accepts attachments so posting images will no longer be painful.
And as Ries said, video seems to work great too.

The bad: fonts need some work.
The site prefers Segoe UI, if absent (on any mobile device or non-Windows desktop) defaults to Helvetica Neue or Helvetica.
The difference in fonts is quite dramatic, which doesn't make for a consistent experience across devices.

I transplanted Segoe UI from my Windows machine to my Mac (a move of questionable legality), and things look better now.
With Helvetica Neue/Helvetica, it doesn't look very neat. Lots of different sizes all kinda running into each other.
Some work to provide visual consistency across devices will be great...
Most Many people don't care about fonts. But those who do, really do.

Edited to add GIF that shows this really well.

1514831279585.png1514831322202.png1514832096988.png1514832144326.png

Attachments

• baexpats fonts smaller.gif
    baexpats fonts smaller.gif
    652.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
My Profile Image disappeared? Now its a capital R

Hi @Rich One ,

I checked the old site. Your avatar is not there either. So, if it disappeared, it happened before.
Please, add a new one (main user dropdown, mouse over your pic, click on "Edit Avatar").

As to jumping to last unread message, I am trying to figure it out.

Thanks,

Hi @Rich One ,

I checked the old site. Your avatar is not there either. So, if it disappeared, it happened before.
Please, add a new one (main user dropdown, mouse over your pic, click on "Edit Avatar").

As to jumping to last unread message, I am trying to figure it out.

Thanks,

Hi Admin no biggie just a comment . Great job, amazing!

Back