The new and improved baexpats.org website!

Before when you opened a thread it would go to the first unread message...?

It looks like it still does. If a thread contains an unread message, its title is shown in bold and "/unread" is added to the link. And it jumps to the first unread message properly.

Just it thinks that everything imported from the old forum is read. So, give it some time.

The site prefers Segoe UI, if absent (on any mobile device or non-Windows desktop) defaults to Helvetica Neue or Helvetica.
The difference in fonts is quite dramatic, which doesn't make for a consistent experience across devices.

Hi Ben,

I have not even seen it with Segoe UI yet. I'll take a closer look and think about it later.

I probably prefer Helvetica over Segoe UI, but my larger point is that there should be just one font, whichever you choose.
Put differently, the default font should be one which will be supported on the majority of devices.
As it stands now, any Windows computer gets Segoe UI, any Mac/iPhone/iPad displays Helvetica Neue (unless you manually install Segoe UI on the Mac, then will also display Segoe UI), and Android appears to default to Roboto.
Find one font that will work across devices, and use it.

It looks like it still does. If a thread contains an unread message, its title is shown in bold and "/unread" is added to the link. And it jumps to the first unread message properly.

Just it thinks that everything imported from the old forum is read. So, give it some time.

I can confirm that it goes to the first message, even when I've just seen the thread - in fact, when the newest comment is mine.

Attaching GIF because video attachments seem not to work.

giphy.gif

Hi Admin..

I`m not able to Highlight a Text as Before? by dragging the cursor over the text? I`m missing something?

TKS

Sorry the highlight was so light was not able to see it ..!

Hi Rich One.

Highlighting seem to be working OK (see screenshot attached). Or are you highlighting while editing?

Attachments

• highlight.png
    highlight.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
Back