The pregnant Russian trafficking network

Orange alert means he had a stolen or lost passport. Immigration has to check that he is he. It was the case.
Thank you, Bajo. I wasn't sure what orange meant.
And I do appreciate that you took the time to explain all this to us. I can see now that my first impression was quite mistaken.

Last edited:
Today DNM gave up and accepted to move to Argentina as a valid immigration reason no questions asked....So, since today if you say you are moving here, that is Ok.
I kind of want to try this. How would it look at customs, practically speaking?

Today DNM gave up and accepted to move to Argentina as a valid immigration reason no questions asked...So, since today if you say you are moving here, that is Ok.
Are you asking what customs would allow you to bring with you in your luggage?

If immigration is OK with saying you are moving to Argentina, it would seem to folow that you could bring as much "stuff" as you want without paying any import fees, as long as everything is used and nothing is on the prohibited list.

If I understand correctly, you would still receive a 90 day tourist permint when you enter and then it would be up to you to apply for residency or citizenship, based on which works best for you.

PS: It would be interesting to know If you could stay as long as you want without doing either and not have to "worry" about migraciones, but I imagine it would be somewhat "risky" to leave the country, hoping to be granted reentry unless you have done one or the other. 🤠

Last edited:
I imagine it would be somewhat "risky" to leave the country, hoping to be granted reentry unless you have done one or the other. 🤠

...especially if the "visa runs" are still considered a fraud (aka abuse) of the tourist permit and still can be a reason to deny reentry.

It looks to me that the best advice is: Once you are here, it is still best to stay here until you have temporary or permanent residency or citizenship (provided you are not a woman who just gave birth in Argentina or a man who is married to one).

...unless you can declare your intention to "move" to Argentina and then come and go as you please...as often as you please...without applying for residency or citizenship.

Last edited:
...especially if the "visa runs" are still considered a fraud (aka abuse) of the tourist permit and still can be a reason to deny reentry.

It looks to me that the best advice is: Once you are here, it is still best to stay here until you have temporary or permanent residency or citizenship (provided you are not a woman who just gave birth in Argentina or a man who is married to one).

...unless you can declare your intention to "move" to Argentina and then come and go as you please...as often as you please...without applying for residency or citizenship.
yeah I guess I'm more curious about how the border agents would react to someone showing up and saying they want to live here?

yeah I guess I'm more curious about how the border agents would react to someone showing up and saying they want to live here?
Since you asked about "customs" I answered about customs...

You don't have to tell a border agent (imingraiones) that you want to live in Argentia and I would not sugest doing that if you are entering as a tourist. You will either already have a visa in advance (if required) or be given a 90 day entry permit if you are from a visa free country.

Migraciones will not see your luggage, but obviously customs will.

If they ask why ytou are bringing so much stuff, you could answer that you are planing on staying for 180 days (with a prorroga) and this is what you think you wil need during your stay., especially if you say that you are renting an apartment that does not have a washing machine or dryer.

They might raise an eyebrow, but their prime concern is charging customs fees whenever they can as well as preventing prohibited items from being brought into the country. They won't bother you about the used items.

Though I seriously doubt it will be of any concern to customs, even if you are bringing several suitcases full of clothes, sheets, towels, etc., you could also say that you plan to apply for temporary residency, but they shouldn't be concerned about that.

PS: It will impress the hell out of anyone at migraciones or the aduana (customs) if you can pronounce the word "prorroga" correclty. 🤠

PS2: Based on what Dr. Rubliar posted in this thread, it looks like anyone (pregnant or not) can say (if asked by migraciones as they enter the country) that they "want to live in Argentina" and that is all they need to say to be granted entry.

Last edited:
Based on what Dr. Rubliar posted in this thread, it looks like anyone (pregnant or not) can say (if asked by migraciones as they enter the country) that they "want to live in Argentina" and that is all they need to say to be granted entry.
Nonetheless, if I was entering Argentina for the first time today, I would identify as a toursit and not say any more to the migraciones officer than necessary.

Last night I realized what happens. Immigration developed an irregular form for Russians using google translator but the idiot who did it cntl copy wrongly the translation. Instead of “how much cash you bring”, in Russian ask if someone is comming to pick you up.
The 6 women replied correctly no (husbands were in Europe and coming soon), and it was understood like they had no money.
This is what happends when you by pass the legal administrative procedures and you do not use a professional translator.E7E9171E-AB8C-41A7-84D8-91FE409718BE.jpeg

Last night I realized what happens. Immigration developed an irregular form for Russians using google translator but the idiot who did it cntl copy wrongly the translation. Instead of “how much cash you bring”, in Russian ask if someone is comming to pick you up.
You are giving them too much credit. In Russian, it literally says

They come to pick him up, how do you go to the hotel?

It's not possible to answer a 'how' question with a simple 'yes' or 'no' response. Not to mention the fact that it is unclear who "they" are and who "he" is.

Last edited:
Back