The pregnant Russian trafficking network

You are giving them too much credit. In Russian, it literally says

They come to pick him up, how do you go to the hotel?

It's not possible to answer a 'how' question with a simple 'yes' or 'no' response. Not to mention the fact that it is unclear who "they" are and who "he" is.
Even from a rudimentary comprehension of Russian, it is clear that the question in Russian refers to a hotel whereas in Spanish and English there is no mention of a hotel

Edit: apologies I did not see read your message thoroughly initially. Though I think there is still a very reasonable case that the question in case deviates reasonably substantially from the question in Spanish and English

Last night I realized what happens. Immigration developed an irregular form for Russians using google translator but the idiot who did it cntl copy wrongly the translation. Instead of “how much cash you bring”, in Russian ask if someone is comming to pick you up.
The 6 women replied correctly no (husbands were in Europe and coming soon), and it was understood like they had no money.
This is what happends when you by pass the legal administrative procedures and you do not use a professional translator.
I wish I could say I was surprised that DNM would just carelessly use Google Translate vs an actual translator (especially with a non-Romance, non-Latin script language) but then when I saw what Florencia Carignano had to say in articles and interviews I realized that it all makes sense, these people just don't care, there's no consequences for them, that's how someone like Carignano can give her opinion on how things should be while ignoring the law as it is, she gets paid either way if these women are mistreated or not.
It is pure fantasy. Russian passports in 5 months are like unicorns: nobody saw one.
I applied for my citizenship at the end of 2021 following marriage to native born Argentine citizen (same relation degree the Russian parents have to their children) and the only think that has been processed in 5 months is the Policia Federal responding to the court. I would love for the DNM or government to provide 1 example of a Russian citizen getting their Argentine citizenship in 5 months (but they can't because it's never happened, they're just scaring people)
Two fighting age male Russians waited next to me at Migracion recently. Speaking good English they mentioned that Buenos Aires was currently a better option than the Donbas. They intend to stay for a while.
Good for them, I'm glad they were able to get out and hope they can find happiness here in Argentina. For centuries the ports of Buenos Aires, ship and air have provided people fleeing wars around the world the chance to start their lives over new again and in peace and 2023 should be no different.

It's not easy being an immigrant anywhere, and especially as a Ukrainian refugee or Russian conscientious objector; hell, most of us have first hand experience with immigration even if it's for happier themes such as for love, fun, or retirement and know just how challenging it is, and this is why I'm so vocal about wanting to keep immigration laws liberal here, and prevent people like Florencia Carignano from literally re-writing the constitution. We shouldn't be pulling the ladder up behind us but rather lending a hand to the next person so their journey is less stressful than ours, at least that's how I feel about it. Besides, there's not shortage of room, Argentina only has 16 inhabitants per square KM after all, some of the lowest density in the world.

Nonetheless, if I was entering Argentina for the first time today, I would identify as a toursit and not say any more to the migraciones officer than necessary.
And now, less than a week after writing the above post, based on what Bajo_cero2 posted today (replying to Rich One),
No, it was a leading precedent: No more rejections after that. If you say I already live here and I’m returning to my home in Argentina or I’m immigrating because of the war, that is Ok.
I wouldn't worry about being denied reentry, even if I wasn't pregnant, especially if I had already applied for citizenship...
and perhaps even if I had not.

Nonetheless, I wonder how anyone entering for the first time could say "I already live here." and expect migraciones to accept that as a "valid" statement, given their access to their own database

It would make sense to me to say, "I want to live here," especially if the Constitution of Argentina stipulates that desire is a valid reasnon to enter the country.🤠

Last edited:
No, it was a leading precedent: No more rejections after that. If you say I already live here and I’m returning to my home in Argentina or I’m immigrating because of the war, that is Ok.
Just to make this clear: if you live here on a tourist visa and after years of visa runs you should face a problem at Ezeiza, you can simply state that now you want to live here and they let you in? Without having to fear of being sent back? Just asking for a friend .....

Just to make this clear: if you live here on a tourist visa and after years of visa runs you should face a problem at Ezeiza, you can simply state that now you want to live here and they let you in? Without having to fear of being sent back? Just asking for a friend .....
If you were living here on visa runs you say: I live here, I’m returning. If this is your first time and you are moving, you just say it. If you lie they can say you are a fake tourist.

Last edited:
Back