The worst pizza in the world?

The cheese is what kills Argentina pizza for me. Also there isn´t much variety in toppings. Oh and what is up with that onion pizza and the verdura y salsa pizza? Yucky yuck yuck.

Maikito said:
GUYS GUYS GUYS. Getting back to the pizza discussion, yesterday I had the best pizza I believe I ate the best pizza I've had in Buenos Aires. I went to my friends house in Flores and she ordered from Pizzería Genaros. I've been debating with her, because contrary to what most of us think, she loves the pizzas here. I told her about this thread and she was shocked that most of us hated or didn't love Buenos Aires pizzas. She told me about Genaros weeks ago, and I was very skeptical since she loves pizzas here.

Last night I visted her and she ordered from Genaros. She ordered Napolintana with garlic (tomato sauce, mozz, tomato slices and garlic), Calabreza (with actual calabreza, not salami) and ham and red bell pepper. I didn't like the ham one because it was paleta ham, not actual ham.

OMG guys, the calabreza and napolitana were DELICIOUS!!!!!! The mozzarella was stringy, not creamy like cheap mozzarella or queso cremoso. Acutal stringy mozzarella cheese. The calabreza was amazing, almost like pepperoni, it even had fennel seeds in the meat. I don't know if you guys live near by Flores, I don't, but from now on when I visit my friend I'm ordering Genaros. Genaros 4585-4214 - Av. Gaona 3479

I can say I approve!

I try to visit a new pizza place for a slice every day or 2 but still have not found anything better tasting than the bottom of my shoe after walking around in some doggie friendly barrios, so before i waste my time heading out to Flores let me ask you if you have ever tried PIZZA in Italy, Europe or the Usa, if you have where and what kind of pizza was it?

Quentin.Daniels said:
I try to visit a new pizza place for a slice every day or 2 but still have not found anything better tasting than the bottom of my shoe after walking around in some doggie friendly barrios, so before i waste my time heading out to Flores let me ask you if you have ever tried PIZZA in Italy, Europe or the Usa, if you have where and what kind of pizza was it?

HORRENDUS!!!! in Italy and USA a thin bit of slime dought pouring fat and tastles with enough oil in the crust to saturate the pizza box.

There may be no other food in the world that inspires as much partisanship as pizza. From New York to BsAs, regional styles of pie abound.

Because no pizza is better than the pizza you grew up with, this post has inspired intense debate, quiet ruminations, and stirring nostalgia.

Please proceed with caution next is a shocking photo of a pizza slice from USA.

YUMMY YUMMY PIZZAS MUMMY!!!

Enjoy!!

Lucas said:
Please proceed with caution next is a shocking photo of a pizza slice from USA.

YUMMY YUMMY PIZZAS MUMMY!!!

That's the kind of pizza normally served in a day care center or maybe a bowling alley - not quite representative of pizza served in most places in the US.

I find the St Louis style pizza to be very similar crust-wise to pizzas I had in Rome - thin and crispy which I love. There's nothing like that here that I've found, although Filo's came close once, but not consistently.

ElQueso said:
That's the kind of pizza normally served in a day care center or maybe a bowling alley - not quite representative of pizza served in most places in the US.

I find the St Louis style pizza to be very similar crust-wise to pizzas I had in Rome - thin and crispy which I love. There's nothing like that here that I've found, although Filo's came close once, but not consistently.

EXACTLY!!!...and depends where you are or buy it.

"Because no pizza is better than the pizza you grew up with", this post has inspired intense debate, quiet ruminations, and stirring nostalgia.

..and that goes both ways when you travel to other countries you are missing your own tastes and flavors...and that's normal nothing is better or worst as the title of this post implies, it's a total nonsense to affirm that the pizzas are here the best or the worst when compared to the tastes you grew up, and that is not going for the pizza alone but for all the varieties of food in general.

Well, Lucas, you show a piece of pizza that looks like it had sat under a fat man's rear end for a week and then say that it depends on what you grew up with as to what one thinks is good pizza :)

I know people who love to suck boiled chicken feet - they think it's one of the best things in the world. I don't know many people who agree with that though...and I've tried it. I'm not in the camp that agrees.

In all seriousness, I'm just giving you a hard time Lucas. I don't mean anything bad by it. I understand that everyone has different tastes - but you have to understand that pizza here, as judged against pizza around the world, is found lacking by most. I know there are some people who like it, but in my friends' Thursday night dinner outings, we have banned pizza here as dangerous to our health ;)

Because no pizza is better than the pizza you grew up with

Amén.

I understand that everyone has different tastes - but you have to understand that pizza here, as judged against pizza around the world, is found lacking by most.

By most foreigners you surely mean. Because I have tried pizzas in many countries, including many cities in Italy and the -surprinsingly for me - praised "New York pizza" and I still prefer the pizzas made in some plain pizzerias of the city.

Lucas said:
EXACTLY!!!...and depends where you are or buy it.

"Because no pizza is better than the pizza you grew up with", this post has inspired intense debate, quiet ruminations, and stirring nostalgia.

..and that goes both ways when you travel to other countries you are missing your own tastes and flavors...and that's normal nothing is better or worst as the title of this post implies, it's a total nonsense to affirm that the pizzas are here the best or the worst when compared to the tastes you grew up, and that is not going for the pizza alone but for all the varieties of food in general.

Yes it does depend on where you are or where you buy the pizza, the problem is that in Buenos Aires ALL the pizza taste like dog shit. God or bad pizza has nothing to do with where you grew up, I love the pizza in northern Italy but have only been there on vacation a couple of times, the same with the USA I did not grow up there but they have some of the best pizza in the world there, not all US pizza is good but the worst US pizza is better than any Buenos Aires pizza. So my question again is WHERE and what was the name of the shop in US or Europe where you ate pizza LUCAS ??? I am asking this because the people that likes the pizza in Buenos Aires have never tried a GOOD pizza in US or Europe so they just don't know any better the poor bastards.

Quentin.Daniels said:
So my question again is WHERE and what was the name of the shop in US or Europe where you ate pizza LUCAS ??? I am asking this because the people that likes the pizza in Buenos Aires have never tried a GOOD pizza in US or Europe so they just don't know any better the poor bastards.

YES!! They have tried and the country made pizzas always come on top...they are the best pizzas for an Argie.

Daniels this country have a long history and tradition in producing pizzas as you can see there is a pizzeria in almost every street or corner of this city and it's not a late trendy fashion that the portenos discovered just now, it as been like that for ages.

Your taste surely is quite different were you come from and that is fine and understandable but from this to claim that the pizzas here is the worst from anywhere else is a fallacy.

Yes I tasted pizzas in Europe including Italy and I can tell you that is was a great disappointments it was like a tasteless and boring style of pre-pizza not better than the one show in the picture above and that was in Rome and also in restaurants over the freeways were every Italian eat when on the road.

Saying that I must admit that I felt the same as any of you about the damn pizzas but on the other hand I must recon that's the peoples taste in that country what is important and that's the way it should be...not worst not better...I'm not going to change theirs so I must change my taste or eat no pizza anymore, because it's against my religious belief not do so, adaptation is the only way to accomodate the differences, or to cook my own the way I like it.

I decided to adapt the best I can, it's an easy way out, not completely happy but at least I do not need to cook every pizza I ate....well almost.

Back