The worst pizza in the world?

Lucas said:
YES!! They have tried and the country made pizzas always come on top...they are the best pizzas for an Argie.

Daniels this country have a long history and tradition in producing pizzas as you can see there is a pizzeria in almost every street or corner of this city and it's not a late trendy fashion that the portenos discovered just now, it as been like that for ages.

Your taste surely is quite different were you come from and that is fine and understandable but from this to claim that the pizzas here is the worst from anywhere else is a fallacy.

Yes I tasted pizzas in Europe including Italy and I can tell you that is was a great disappointments it was like a tasteless and boring style of pre-pizza not better than the one show in the picture above and that was in Rome and also in restaurants over the freeways were every Italian eat when on the road.

Saying that I must admit that I felt the same as any of you about the damn pizzas but on the other hand I must recon that's the peoples taste in that country what is important and that's the way it should be...not worst not better...I'm not going to change theirs so I must change my taste or eat no pizza anymore, because it's against my religious belief not do so, adaptation is the only way to accomodate the differences, or to cook my own the way I like it.

I decided to adapt the best I can, it's an easy way out, not completely happy but at least I do not need to cook every pizza I ate....well almost.

Your post clearly explains why you like the crappy pizza in Buenos Aires, because you have never tried GOOD pizza. Let me clarify some things, first when i write US I mean USA or United States of America, I am not from there but when i travel there i eat the best food from around the world, better than the origin of where it came from, USA is a good example of taking a good thing(food in this case) and making it even better, while Argentina is a good example of taking a good thing and then cutting corners(being lazy), using cheap ingredients and charging way to much for it, and that applies to more than pizza in Argentina, you argies need to wake up and stop being lazy or you will always be a 3rd world country, and please don't come up with some lame excuse about how you don't have this or that, Argentina has all the possibilities of the USA, you are just a bunch of lazy mate drinking procrastinators. Lets first understand what GOOD pizza is, it is a pizza made from scratch with with fresh premium ingredients then baked in a real pizza oven in a real pizza restaurant, you can not compare some pre-pizza you ate at the side of the road or in a gas station even if it was in Italy.
And I am not going to adapt to pizza that i know is crappy, I am still hoping I will find a good pizza in Buenos Aires and i will let you know if I do

Quentin.Daniels said:
And I am not going to adapt to pizza that i know is crappy, I am still hoping I will find a good pizza in Buenos Aires and i will let you know if I do

check out filo if you haven't already.
www.[B]filo[/B]-ristorante.com
San Martin 975

Quentin.Daniels said:
Your post clearly explains why you like the crappy pizza in Buenos Aires, because you have never tried GOOD pizza. Let me clarify some things, first when i write US I mean USA or United States of America, I am not from there but when i travel there i eat the best food from around the world, better than the origin of where it came from, USA is a good example of taking a good thing(food in this case) and making it even better, while Argentina is a good example of taking a good thing and then cutting corners(being lazy), using cheap ingredients and charging way to much for it, and that applies to more than pizza in Argentina, you argies need to wake up and stop being lazy or you will always be a 3rd world country, and please don't come up with some lame excuse about how you don't have this or that, Argentina has all the possibilities of the USA, you are just a bunch of lazy mate drinking procrastinators. Lets first understand what GOOD pizza is, it is a pizza made from scratch with with fresh premium ingredients then baked in a real pizza oven in a real pizza restaurant, you can not compare some pre-pizza you ate at the side of the road or in a gas station even if it was in Italy.

Irefer the gentle man to this thread Baexpats - Community of Expatriates in Buenos Aires, Argentina > Expat Life Hate North Americans?
and you womnder why???

tangobob said:
Irefer the gentle man to this thread Hate North Americans?
and you womnder why???
What are you talking about? I am NOT North American or European, I just tell things they way they are.

Quentin.Daniels said:

Have you tried Italian pizza?

I'd like to know where exactly Quentin Daniels found good pizza in the US. I spent nearly forty years there without managing to locate a decent one. Not even the famed Armand's Chicago pizza was up to par.

Perhaps he's referring to "Domino's Pizza - We Deliver"?

The States has many wonderful things, but pizza is definitely not one of them.

SaraSara said:
I'd like to know where exactly Quentin Daniels found good pizza in the US. I spent nearly forty years there without managing to locate a decent one. Not even the famed Armand's Chicago pizza was up to par.

Perhaps he's referring to "Domino's Pizza - We Deliver"?

The States has many wonderful things, but pizza is definitely not one of them.

lots of places in queens ny has great pizza and garlic knots (6 for a dollar)

st. mark's pizza on 7th was amazing tll it was closed

and there is always ray's famous pizza

next time do some research-
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/341687
http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/305174

New York, Boston and Providence have great pizza. Its not hard to find great pizza in New England and the Tri-State area. Pizza in Buenos Aires cannot compare. Not even a little bit.

Reactions: vxx
arty said:
check out filo if you haven't already.
www.[B]filo[/B]-ristorante.com
San Martin 975

Arty, Thank you for recommending FILO I went there today on my quest to find GOOD pizza in Buenos Aires and i have been to 20 something different pizza places in capital and FILO has the best tasting pizza so far that i have tried, I am NOT saying it is GOOD pizza but it is getting closer. I went to FILO today around 4pm and ordered a large Napoletana the price was 33 pesos with a 20% discount if you order take-out between 4pm and 8pm. The Girl that took my order was really nice and super hot but when i got my pizza and the receipt to pay it said 33 pesos on it and she (forgot) to give me the 20% off, I pointed out that on the receipt the time stamp clearly stated 4.31pm, she told me that I ordered the pizza before 4pm and had to pay full price, oh well thats fine with me I did not come there to buy cheap pizza I came there to buy GOOD pizza and really didn't care how much it cost, but is shows the typical Argie attitude where they don't give a shit if the customer returns or not, the funny thing about this Argie attitude is that when a business owner has to shut down he scratches his head and has no clue why his venture failed. Anyway this was about pizza, The pizza i got as you can see in the picture had a thin well made crust, nice tasting stringy cheese, fresh and sweet tomatoes, fresh garlic and fresh basil, I was not disappointed with the taste. The presentation which I personally don't care what is looks like was as you can see in the picture very Argentinian. The cleanliness of the kitchen where the pizza was made was normal in Argentine standards(filthy in Canadian standards) but the staff was really nice and hot:) so overall I give it 3 pizzas out a possible 5 and that my friends is a generous rating:)

Attachments

• filopizza.jpg
    filopizza.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 14
I lived in Washington, D.C. and Denver, and neither of those cities had good pizza.

Thanks for the links - I'll try them next time I get to the States.

Back