The worst pizza in the world?

Napoleon said:
...5) "What good is pizza without tomato sauce?"-

109839555_058a947145.jpg

The Pizza Fugazzetta, which is basically the signature pizza of Buenos Aires, is a "pizza without tomato sauce" and it is fucking rrrrrrico!...

Ugh, are you talking about crap pizza dough covered with crap cheese and loads and loads of onions? That is not fucking rrrrrrico at all, dude. But, of course, to each their own. I hope you continue to find happiness eating that nasty onion pizza. :)

ssr said:
Ugh, are you talking about crap pizza dough covered with crap cheese and loads and loads of onions? That is not fucking rrrrrrico at all, dude. But, of course, to each their own. I hope you continue to find happiness eating that nasty onion pizza. :)
You forgot to mention the crappy Philly Cream Cheese based "white sauce" that they put on top of the crap pizza dough before they cover it with crap cheese and loads of fresh cut onion.

To me, that is some fucking rrrrrrico crap!

Omggg you just cannot put that fugazzeta picture this early.... geez now I want a slice with my breakfast!

SaraSara said:
This pizza thread reminds me of the Energizer Bunny...! It just goes on and on, and never runs out of power.
This thread may become the longest thread on the forum.
An international salute to pizza.

I don't know if this one's been mentioned before but I particularly dislike the stuff from Las Cuartetas-which oddly enough is somehow iconic to many locals. Thick, oily, rubber-like dough, almost the size of a sponge cake ... my idea of a pizza nightmare really!

gatoverde said:
I don't know if this one's been mentioned before but I particularly dislike the stuff from Las Cuartetas-which oddly enough is somehow iconic to many locals. Thick, oily, rubber-like dough, almost the size of a sponge cake ... my idea of a pizza nightmare really!
I don't think that I've ever tried it, but that's my Argentine flatmate's favorite pizza.

:p

SIDE NOTE: Did you notice I used "flatmate" instead of "roommate", but still spelled it "favorite" instead of "favourite"? Cultures are colliding between my ears!

ssr said:
That thing is an angioplasti on a plate. Nasty, indeed.

I remember a pizza in Rome that consisted of very light, crispy crust and little more than some herbs - basil as I recall. There may have been more but what I recall is the delicacy of the dish and its excellent flavor. Argentine cooking tends to have a heavy hand but the real problem is poor ingredients. For pizza here there are two problems: they don't know how to make bread so the crust is thick and cardboard- like. Cheese is terrible quality as are most tomatoes.

Napoleon said:
1)
109839555_058a947145.jpg

The Pizza Fugazzetta, which is basically the signature pizza of Buenos Aires, is a "pizza without tomato sauce" and it is fucking rrrrrrico! I prefer enjoying it at EL CUARTITO on Talcahuano between Marcel T. Alvear & Paraguay.
[/B]

Hell yes that FUGAZZETA is GOOD!! I would not call it PIZZA but what ever it is it tastes GREAT especially with an ice cold beer or 2 and.....Faina what the HELL is that?... well it taste GREAT smothered with lots of Dulche De Leche or Strawberry Jam/Jelly..... Thanks Napoleon for the advice...

Now don't mistake the delicious FUGAZZETTA with the dry cardboard style FUGAZZA they look the same, usually sits right next to each other and sounds similar if your castellano is not that great... the more expensive one is the FUGAZZETTA.

Back