The worst pizza in the world?

ghost said:
This thread may become the longest thread on the forum.
An international salute to pizza.

Not there yet, but coming close.:D

If you dont like Fuggazetta, you must be a "tourist" :D

faina is essentially just chickpea flour mixed with water and a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper and cooked in the oven when it 'sets'. i used to make it back in the UK and it tasted pretty faithful to the faina i've bought and eaten here from pizzerias.

i thought i would also mention my love for UGI's pizza, the Tesco value of the pizza world (even though i think i should know better). anyone have any strong views on them, either way? has anyone ever tried their media lunas? i also believe that at some branches they even have different varieties (not just the margarita) and also do emps. they have quite a cult following, facebook groups etc., as my friend discovered when she wrote a piece on them for the argentimes a while back.

diosaarenosa said:
faina is essentially just chickpea flour mixed with water and a dash of olive oil, salt and pepper and cooked in the oven when it 'sets'. i used to make it back in the UK and it tasted pretty faithful to the faina i've bought and eaten here from pizzerias.

i thought i would also mention my love for UGI's pizza, the Tesco value of the pizza world (even though i think i should know better). anyone have any strong views on them, either way? has anyone ever tried their media lunas? i also believe that at some branches they even have different varieties (not just the margarita) and also do emps. they have quite a cult following, facebook groups etc., as my friend discovered when she wrote a piece on them for the argentimes a while back.

I wan't to try some UGI's... are they open now? during the day?

IFMGA said:
Now don't mistake the delicious FUGAZZETTA with the dry cardboard style FUGAZZA they look the same, usually sits right next to each other and sounds similar if your castellano is not that great... the more expensive one is the FUGAZZETTA.
The difference is:

Fugazza- NO salsa blanca (Philly Cream Cheese tasting sauce)

Fugazzetta- All the salsa blanca that your heart can take

Napoleon said:
The difference is:

Hey Napo, why do you call cheese " salsa blanca " most people associate salsa blanca with bechamel sauce, it really is cheese what they put on them :)

I have been known to walk a few miles to eat a fuggazetta at La Mezzetta, and there is nothing even vaguely like cream cheese on it.
Sometimes I do spring for the jamon layer below the onions...

But cream cheese? no place I eat fuggazeta has any cream cheese.

Napoleon said:
The difference is:

Napoleon thanks for getting me addicted to this crap, you owe me some Zocor:D
I have to point out that the Fugazza does not have any Mozzarella either.
Another interesting point is that A slice of Fugazzetta at El Cuartito cost 6pesos but at La Americana on Callao and Mitre A slice only cost 3,50pesos and its bigger. I think this is a fine example of the Argentine business onda.

You want to see something that could get you addicted? Check out this review of a NY Deli in Houston, Texas-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZaFvPNp9MM

They sure don't make sandwiches like the ones in this video down here in Buenos Aires.

Ries said:
I have been known to walk a few miles to eat a fuggazetta at La Mezzetta, and there is nothing even vaguely like cream cheese on it.
Sometimes I do spring for the jamon layer below the onions...

But cream cheese? no place I eat fuggazeta has any cream cheese.
Then what is the sauce under the mozzarella? It's a bit tangy.

Napoleon said:
You want to see something that could get you addicted? Check out this review of a NY Deli in Houston, Texas-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZaFvPNp9MM
They should don't make sandwiches like the ones in this video down here in Buenos Aires.
Then what is the sauce under the mozzarella? It's a bit tangy.
After watching that youtube video i relise that the Argentine food scene is light-years behind US and Europe, I mean look what you can find in a cheeseee shopping strip... it looks better than any gourmet restaurant i have seen in Buenos Aires. About the tangy salsa on the fugazzetta i have no idea, maybe it's just uncooked dough mixed with melted mozzarella oil....but please ask next time and post it here i'm sure everyone would like to know what that mystery tangy substance is....

Back