The worst pizza in the world?

Excellent in BsAs:
Empanadas
Asado
Helado
Cafe
Pomelo

But the pizza? Might as well wipe your ass with it to improve the flavor. Taste may be totally subjective, but that doesn't change the fact that a slice of pizza here is like eating an old sponge smothered in a cheese-like substance.

Let's face it: there's a lot of bland food here. Doesn't make any sense, if you think about it. Buenos Aires is kind of a spicy place outside of what porteños like to eat. Only the UK has worse food.

And you couldn't get decent peppers in this town even if someone's life were at stake. At this point I feel like my life is at stake.

FAS said:
And you couldn't get decent peppers in this town even if someone's life were at stake. At this point I feel like my life is at stake.

Actually you can but it's a huge pain it the ass.

There are so many unhealthy foods in America and it is hard to ignore these foods because they always looks yummy. Restaurant foods are not always good, we may assume that what ever we order especially those in the drive-thru are filled with nutritional goodies, but it is not what we expected and that is why many americans died from heart attacks, people get fat so quickly.

A study from the University of Arkansas that found the average diner in this country underestimates his or her caloric intake by up to 93 percent when eating out. Translation: Every time you eat at a restaurant, you're probably eating twice as much as you think.

Worst Drink
Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd Power Smoothie (30 fl oz)

Worst Fast-Food Chicken Meal
Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald's (5 pieces) with creamy ranch sauce

Worst Supermarket Meal
Pepperidge Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie (whole pie)

Worst Mexican Entree
Chipotle Mexican Grilled Chicken Burrito

Worst Kids' Meal
Macaroni Grill Double Macaroni 'n' Cheese

Worst Fish Entree
On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans

Worst Breakfast
Bob Evans Caramel Banana Pecan Cream Stacked and Stuffed Hotcakes

Worst Pizza
Uno Chicago Grill Chicago Classic Deep Dish Pizza

Downing this "personal" pizza is equivalent to eating 18 slices of Domino's Crunchy Thin Crust cheese pizza.

pizzas.jpg

I wonder why there are so many overweight people over there....and YES! THE AMERICAN PIZZA SUCKS!!

A nighttime diversion is walking along Buenos Aires' luminous theater strip, Corrientes Avenue. Catch a show or movie (English-language films are subtitled rather than dubbed) and then eat some Argentine pizza -- a delicious missing link between thin crust and deep dish. Sweeten the night with a dulce de leche ice cream.

Grab a slice of cheese-filed pizza, called fugazza con queso for about $1, at Pirilo's (Defensa 841), a tiny joint with standing room only. Accompany it with the traditional cup of moscato, an Italian sweet wine.

BTW... I LOVE ARGENTINE PIZZAS!!!! THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Lee said:
This is the worst thread in the world!

Come on people!

Let it go! This thread sickens me.

We can do better.

Lee why do you not open up a more risque thread about Buenos Aires .
The food needs to be burnt off some way :D

FAS said:
Uh, a little more info thanks?

you can hunt around to the various veggie vendors in your barrio.

or

there is a place on defesna when you are walking from indepencia you go south it will be on the right hand side down inside one of those market area places before primero. i just know how to get there.

they have butchers in there too and some amazing veggie stands.

Lucas said:
...and YES! THE AMERICAN PIZZA SUCKS!!

Have you ever had deep dish, it's awful. I've eaten a lot of pizza and deep dish blows. How much American pizza have you eaten?

/btw, technically Argentina is in the Americas. You mean USA.

Lucas said:

Hah!

My brother-in-law's mother is Argentine and he and my sister came down one time and we hung out with his Argy cousins and got a few chuckles whenever they'd insist that something Argentine was "the best in the world." When he and his brother and sister were kids, his family would visit Argentina and then make jokes about their Argy relatives on the way back home. "We have the best toilet brushes in the world!" That sort of thing. His father, a guy from Italy, stopped going down after a while, though, because he just couldn't stand the place, with it's delusional people and terrible food, anymore. Having some knuckleheads serve him crappy Italian food and insist that it's "the best in the world" stopped being humorous for him at some point and started to get annoying.

ghost said:
...Now you've stepped on a subject worse than pizza....dulce de leche...

Someone had told me some nonsense about how good Argentine bakeries are when I first arrived in Argentina so I was certainly disappointed when I discovered that they stuff everything with dulce de leche. It's just cheap goop. Maybe a bit every now and then isn't so bad, but not in the quantities that Argentines eat the stuff.

Back