The Worst Tourist Season In 10 Years..!! Atlantic Coast

The best part of France is just a bit more south http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretagne
I am not French, so I do not know every region that well, but back in the day my family spent many summers in Normandy and the Loire region. I think it is quite a pity that I have never seen Bretagne. In Buenos Aires I often started longing for the beautiful coastal landscape of Normandy, its forests, its architecture, food.

I just read a report about how crime is increasing in the French countryside, it is a pity that the rural zones of such a beautiful country are becoming more and more isolated and unpopulated, it takes away a lot of the charm it used to have. Fortunately, there will always be this beautiful kind-of Normandy style building along Paseo Colón....

As far as Argentina is concerned, apart from Mar del Plata, I have never really been to other coastal towns in the region directly south of Buenos Aires. I have seen at least something of practically every region (maybe apart from La Pampa) but I cannot designate one particular area as a preferred one to stay in the summer. I am a big fan of the Chilean side of northern Patagonia, but I have never been there in January.

Not to hard on the economics end really... Wait there is no inflation over there is there? Vacation who can afford that?

Hey I got an idea lets bridge some holiday weekends into 4 day weekend.. No wait lets make more holidays! That will boost vacation spending and the economy. Hey! Brazil come on over for a cheap non inflation holiday. Hey rest of the world its OK yes we have insane looting and off the charts crime and ungodly inflation but hey come and enjoy before Argentina is the next Venzuella.

We are hearing about it over here in Uruguay too.. down as far and Arg tourists are concerned. Thank God for Brazil as they say here.

But here its two things. CFKs slaves cannot get dollars to travel with and they are getting bashed hard on exchange rates here and everywhere else. They need close to 8 pesos to buy a dollar here prices are worse here than the inflation there with the exchange rates, but only if you are Argentinian.

I am glad the door hit me on the ass on the way out.. Keeps me on my toes.

Yes, it will be crazy expensive, but I'm sure my family and I will talk about our vacation to Argentina the rest of our lives. Suggestions welcome to keep the costs down (smile).

From a political point of view, China is keeping its currency unjustifiably low resulting in its goods being priced lower. The rest of the world must watch as their economy grows and we suffer along (Argentina: food shortages and inflation). I'm just one person, with one family, and one life to live. I want to visit Argentina before I die. It may cost me a few more $$$, but in the end, the memory of the visit will be priceless. Tourists may stay home, travellers will still come.

Yes, it will be crazy expensive, but I'm sure my family and I will talk about our vacation to Argentina the rest of our lives. Suggestions welcome to keep the costs down (smile).

From a political point of view, China is keeping its currency unjustifiably low resulting in its goods being priced lower. The rest of the world must watch as their economy grows and we suffer along (Argentina: food shortages and inflation). I'm just one person, with one family, and one life to live. I want to visit Argentina before I die. It may cost me a few more $$$, but in the end, the memory of the visit will be priceless. Tourists may stay home, travellers will still come.

Tourists or people here on vacation really aren't affected by inflation or anything else, esp if they bring dollars and are savvy enough to take advantage of the blue rate. If you're vacationing here, I doubt you'll find it expensive (except for perhaps flights). Not cheap but not expensive.

It's those of us that live here that are paying the price (literally and figuratively) for the policies of the past decade.

Inflation in UK is 2.7% and will probably go over 3% so the the economists are going mental at the prospect of more quantative easing!!Glad we don't have economists here,well not in cristina's circle of fools.Why are certain restaurants always full when the
prices are ridiculous?Egg and chips anyone!!

Back